Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given that our closest JD Dealership is 80 miles away, and they dont have much small stuff on their lot. So...I depend on this site for info and I am very happy w/that. I have ordered a 1026r which should be here next week. I ordered it w/a H120 loader knowing full well that a 54" blade will be on the menu for sometime next fall. Now.....here is my dilema...do you remove the loader to mount the 54" blade?.....I am asumming and hoping that it would attach to the bucket or loader front somehow? Pardon my ignorance...but need some help here.
Thanks again

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
You will have to take the loader off. There is a quick hitch that installs on the front of the tractor (has the lift and angle cylinders) and the blade attaches to the quick hitch.

Here is a blade/quick hitch I got that fits a 2520. The quick hitch is on the left, the center piece you wont need, and the blade on the right.

P1030024_zps7fe842d5.jpg

And the blade on my 2305

P1030026_zpsd1eb1e22.jpg

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much Newt.....so that must be a PITA to change back to the loader then huh?......I think id sooner configure something to attach it to the loader frame :think:

·
Administrator
18,520 Posts
Yes LJ, the loader must come off. It's not that hard to switch between the two, especially if you have the room in a garage or building, maybe 15 minutes after you get the hang of it.

I personally am not a fan of loader mounted blades on small tractors, they stick out to far due to the lack of weight you can have steering problems.

Depending on how much area you need to clear, the loader itself may suffice just fine.

Reactions: lindenj
1 - 4 of 4 Posts