Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this the only serial number marking for the 54 blade? I was looking at this but am more than a bit suspicious if this is the only serial number location on the blade.

54 balde serial number scratched off.jpg

·
Premium Member
11,002 Posts
Unfortunately that is pretty much it. The sticker is the only identity. It is the same with snow blowers.

·
Premium Member
7,983 Posts
Are you looking to buy this as a used blade from someone else?

If so, do they have a tractor that it came off of and/or a bill of sale?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
No it is just the blade. No attachment hardware (the part with the springs) is included.

It is just that is really looks like it was deliberately scraped off. I do not need a blade that much. Just thought since it was used and just the blade it would be cheaper but by the time I get the mounting hardware (frame) to go on my quick hitch (from my snow blower) the cost is close to a CTA blade.

·
Premium Member
7,983 Posts
With nothing else damaged, it kinda of looks like it was deliberately scraped to me as well.

I'd notify the local PD and pass on the purchase, especially since the CTA blade is complete.

·
Super Moderator
5,484 Posts
You don't want to think of ill-intent by anyone, but sometimes things just don't add up. Personally, I find it very odd that the number being gone was accidental!:nunu:

I record all my identification numbers both written and in pictures.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
8,206 Posts
Strange Place to have a "scraping incident" on the I.D. tag. The least they could have done is remove the entire tag, but I guess that would have required a little effort.

Stuff like this, unless the owner has the tractor it was on, a bill of sale when they bought it, I would pass on it. Very likely this is someone else's "appropriated property"......

You can purchase the blade new for $600 and starting this time of year, there are always several that come up for sale in our area with the Quick Hitch often included. Just make sure to verify the quick hitch carefully as we have several incidents each season here on GTT where someone buys a blade and mount from someone who tells them it will fit their machine, only to learn its off an entirely different machine and won't fit. It's usually the older more model specific mounts people have the most trouble with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts