Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
As I mentioned on another thread, I ordered the Artillian 54 blade extensions on Sunday, 19 OCT 14. I specified the cheapest shipping method because, well, I'm cheap. They arrived on Thursday, 23 OCT 14 by USPS. Installation was a simple process; instructions were clearly written. The Werthers Original was in the package. I did use my angle grinder to bevel the edge that inserts into the angle iron welded on the back of the blade. Hopefully Chris won't void my warranty.

Following is a picture after grinding the bevel on one edge.
Ext Detail.jpg

I know it is difficult to see. If I knew how to make those colored lines on here, I would, but alas, I am challenged.

These are front and rear views of the extensions mounted. I think they will work well and make the blade a size better suited for the tractor.

Ext Front View 1.jpg

Ext Rear View 1.jpg

The only regret is that I didn't buy them when they were $30 cheaper.:laugh:

Good work, Chris.

Premium Member
What the heck are you doing? Trying to jynx us into getting an early snow ???

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
What the heck are you doing? Trying to jynx us into getting an early snow ???
Just the opposite. I thought that as long as I spent all the money for the blade and the extensions, that it wouldn't snow at all in Pennsylvania this year. See I'm looking out for everyone in the state.

Senior GTT Super Slacker
I must say it sure looks good on my screen. You're one step up on me, don't have our plow on yet.
Waiting to hear what you think of the whole deal after the first snow. Good luck with it. :thumbup1gif:

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
I must say it sure looks good on my screen. You're one step up on me, don't have our plow on yet.
Waiting to hear what you think of the whole deal after the first snow. Good luck with it. :thumbup1gif:
I'll let you know. Remember, no chains!:laugh:

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, I didn't forget. Waiting to tell ya, I told ya so. :lol:
Take a place at the end of the line for the "I told ya so.":laugh:

Senior GTT Super Slacker
Take a place at the end of the line for the "I told ya so.":laugh:
If all you have is flat ground you'll probably be ok. But the difference is like going from 2WD to 4WD. Add chains and 4wd will be when times really get tough.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
If all you have is flat ground you'll probably be ok. But the difference is like going from 2WD to 4WD. Add chains and 4wd will be when times really get tough.
You know there is no flat ground in northeastern PA.:laugh:

I did clear snow in the winter of 2012-2013 with the loader and no chains. I will let you know if I have to get my wife out of the warm house to pull me out.

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Those extensions look so nice! I'm thinking they will make a huge difference when working in the snow.
I will let you all know after the first snow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts