Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked my 9" plow extensions made by Superior Tech. This is the plow Deere should have made. I also got the 6' heavy duty cutting edge from Heavy Hitch which replaced the two 9" cutting edges on the extensions and creates one continuous cutting edge. I should add that the customer service from Heavy Hitch is second to none. With the blade fully angled to either side it can cause a little "scalping" but can be controlled. It works so much better than the 54" blade for getting the snow off to the side so you don't have to drive on it.

So John Deere, give us a blade for these compact tractors that harnesses their power and traction.

·
Registered
554 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,344 Posts
I picked my 9" plow extensions made by Superior Tech. This is the plow Deere should have made. I also got the 6' heavy duty cutting edge from Heavy Hitch which replaced the two 9" cutting edges on the extensions and creates one continuous cutting edge. I should add that the customer service from Heavy Hitch is second to none. With the blade fully angled to either side it can cause a little "scalping" but can be controlled. It works so much better than the 54" blade for getting the snow off to the side so you don't have to drive on it.

So John Deere, give us a blade for these compact tractors that harnesses their power and traction.
Deere wouldn't, so I just made my own several years ago.....Its two 54" plows with the center cut out of one plow and those ends welded to the other 54" plow. The challenge I kept running into is the plow doesn't need to be any "HEAVIER" for this tractor, just wider and the ability to roll snow, which is provided with the top flap.

IMG_20171225_144505807.jpg

Note, the 54" blade sitting to the right of the plow when backed into the garage stall. It looks like a toy sitting there at the base of the water jug rack.....

IMG_20171225_144740609_HDR.jpg

The blade is 87" wide, so 7' 3" in total width. It has a rubber scraper edge and the top flap made from baler belts I bought at Tractor Supply (it's two belts thick). The top flap is almost as important as the extra width for plowing as it allows you to "ROLL" the snow forward when plowing and it also allows the snow coming off the end of the blade to clear the road side snowbanks for a much greater height than it will without the top flap.

IMG_20171225_144516266.jpg

This was the very first day I used this plow on this tractor. Previously, I have plowed with the 7' 3" blade on my 455 2wd tractor and it did real well with the large plow. Of course, you need to use rear ballast and treat the plow width with respect as you don't want to be striking large solid snowbanks with one end of the plow or another because of the leverage on the hitch, plus it can cause the smaller tractor to turn. It has not done that with this tractor and the 450 pounds in the rear 3 point plus the weight of the cab, which is about another 400 pounds.

I have plowed with this large blade for 4 or 5 seasons (I think this is the 5th season), first one with my new tractor which handles it extremely well. Once you have used the large blade width, going back to 54" seems like punishment it is so inefficient.

To plow my plow route of driveways in my neighborhood with the 54" plow was about 5.5 hours the first time, and about 4.5 hours on average after that (I did it a total of 3 times with the small blade). With the large plow, my best time for the route was 2 hours 15 minutes and the average is about 2.75 hours of total plow time for the 17 driveways and (2) cul de sac's and some 800' of private roads.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is one in the same Goodworkstractors. It is marketed through John Deere dealers but is made by Superior Tech. You can see it on their website. What is funny is that they list it for the X700 (and previous X400 and X500) tractors along with the sub compact series tractors. However, John Deere does not list it for the sub compact line, only for the premium garden tractor line.

I ordered the 6' heavy duty cutting edge from Heavy Hitch on line. And as you would expect, the 6' cutting edge eliminates any gap between the original blade and the extensions. I also spoke with the sales gentleman at Heavy Hitch. He has the blade extensions on his 54" blade on his 1026r. The blade was shipped the same day and I got it the next day. Of course, I only live about 60 miles from their manufacturing sight. The 6' edge was $89.00 but I had some sales tax and shipping of $11.38 to SE Minnesota for a total of 107.78.

The blade is shipped with stainless steel fasteners and the holes line up perfectly. It sure is refreshing to get a great product that is shipped quickly and the owner/sales/customer service folks treat you as a valued customer.

·
Premium Member
854 Posts
Here's a few pictures of mine

reviving this as snow season is here in CT :laugh:

When you go full lock with the blade to the left of the right (with the extensions on) what kind of ground clearance are you seeing at the tips?

With sully's recommendation I added the JD squeegee to my 54" and used it today for the first time and it was awesome! way better than I expected. When I go full lock I barely cover one of the wheels due to the plow tip being pointed forward and i find myself running over snow or slush.

I'm very tempted to purchase the JD extensions, and add another JD squeegee and cut it to the length I need to have everything nearly continuous.

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
That is one in the same Goodworkstractors. It is marketed through John Deere dealers but is made by Superior Tech. You can see it on their website. What is funny is that they list it for the X700 (and previous X400 and X500) tractors along with the sub compact series tractors. However, John Deere does not list it for the sub compact line, only for the premium garden tractor line.

I ordered the 6' heavy duty cutting edge from Heavy Hitch on line. And as you would expect, the 6' cutting edge eliminates any gap between the original blade and the extensions. I also spoke with the sales gentleman at Heavy Hitch. He has the blade extensions on his 54" blade on his 1026r. The blade was shipped the same day and I got it the next day. Of course, I only live about 60 miles from their manufacturing sight. The 6' edge was $89.00 but I had some sales tax and shipping of $11.38 to SE Minnesota for a total of 107.78.

The blade is shipped with stainless steel fasteners and the holes line up perfectly. It sure is refreshing to get a great product that is shipped quickly and the owner/sales/customer service folks treat you as a valued customer.
Heavy Hitch customer service, as you have echoed is "TOP NOTCH" including after the sale, which is even more important to me! Sorry to have gotten off topic, but they deserve to be acknowledged! :thumbup1gif:

Reactions: PJR832 and BigJim55

·
Premium Member
854 Posts
I just did the install of my 9"extension wings this morning and was rather disappointed. I wasn't pleased I had to drill through the yellow powder coat, but that's the least of it. When I put the extensions on I found that the curvature of them was identical to that of the 54" blade. No matter how much I offset the top bracket where the bolts go through I couldn't get them to line of flawlessly. The second alignment issue was on of the extensions inside edge wasn't hugging the inside lip of the plow blade. The only way I could get it to not leave a 1/8'-1/4" gap was to slap a quick clamp on the backside and pull it all on over. I did this to drill the hole. Lastly, I wasn't a fan that the strap (wear edge) on the extensions was such this steel, and tall. It doesn't match that of the 54" blade's strap at all. It's like they forgot to communicate between the two companies :nunu:

None of this is acceptable to me and is beyond frustrating considering the cost of each component. I will rectify each one of them...

Photo Dec 19, 11 27 50 AM.jpg
Photo Dec 19, 11 27 44 AM.jpg
Photo Dec 19, 11 27 28 AM.jpg

- Add a 18" long x 1" wide metal. The plate will go directly behind the extension and grab both bolts, and then over to the plow blade itself and grab the first two bolts as well. This will pull everything together as one unit. I imagine I can just scrape up some scrap steel from my in-laws shops and drill a few holes, then paint it black.

- I'll order a Heavy Hitch 72" metal strap for the front side to pull it all together. https://heavyhitch.com/product/heavy-duty-wear-bar-scraper-cutting-edge-john-deere-54-inch-blade/

- Lastly I'll smash my head against a wall for spending $160 on two pieces of JD rubber for the squeegee edge.

- Then go buy a custom 4"x72" rubber wear strip from Rubberwearstrips.com Rubber Wear Strip

My wife after a 5min text conversation said if you're that unhappy with it what can you get for it? Hmmm

·
Premium Member
854 Posts
Sometimes the wife has great ideas. She suggested selling it and getting one that won't make me unhappy :thumbup1gif:

I'll end up making that 18" bracket for the backside to pull them both in, then snap some pictures and list the setup for sale. I'll keep my QH but let the blade/extensions/wear strips go for a nice price to move it along.

I'll place a call into Compact Tractor Attachments for their 66" blade and see what the lead time is as well as options for adding a squeegee edge.

66" Snow Plow For John Deere Compact Tractor - Compact Tractor Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,344 Posts
I just did the install of my 9"extension wings this morning and was rather disappointed. I wasn't pleased I had to drill through the yellow powder coat, but that's the least of it. When I put the extensions on I found that the curvature of them was identical to that of the 54" blade. No matter how much I offset the top bracket where the bolts go through I couldn't get them to line of flawlessly. The second alignment issue was on of the extensions inside edge wasn't hugging the inside lip of the plow blade. The only way I could get it to not leave a 1/8'-1/4" gap was to slap a quick clamp on the backside and pull it all on over. I did this to drill the hole. Lastly, I wasn't a fan that the strap (wear edge) on the extensions was such this steel, and tall. It doesn't match that of the 54" blade's strap at all. It's like they forgot to communicate between the two companies :nunu:

None of this is acceptable to me and is beyond frustrating considering the cost of each component. I will rectify each one of them...

- Add a 18" long x 1" wide metal. The plate will go directly behind the extension and grab both bolts, and then over to the plow blade itself and grab the first two bolts as well. This will pull everything together as one unit. I imagine I can just scrape up some scrap steel from my in-laws shops and drill a few holes, then paint it black.

- I'll order a Heavy Hitch 72" metal strap for the front side to pull it all together. https://heavyhitch.com/product/heavy-duty-wear-bar-scraper-cutting-edge-john-deere-54-inch-blade/

- Lastly I'll smash my head against a wall for spending $160 on two pieces of JD rubber for the squeegee edge.

- Then go buy a custom 4"x72" rubber wear strip from Rubberwearstrips.com Rubber Wear Strip

My wife after a 5min text conversation said if you're that unhappy with it what can you get for it? Hmmm

Make sure the heavy hitch metal strap will line up with the existing holes with the extensions......I have a feeling as poorly as the extensions fit on the blade, you might have alignment issues. I would verify this in advance. Not because of the Heavy hitch product, but because of the way the extensions have not fit your blade.

I have a new 54" blade and then the two older ones I put together into one. I almost wonder if they are made by different companies looking at them.

I mentioned about the rubber plow edge from other sources. I just picked up another 96" piece this week and it was $30...............I had to custom make the front strap and the rubber edge as the holes are not in alignment with anything out there after the way I put it together. No big deal, after you whack up a couple of 54" blade with a plasma cutter and put it back together, the rest is easy.

I just need snow............

Before you abandon the blade for something else, I would plow with it with the new extensions and the rubber edge. Getting an extra 18" per pass will be an entirely different experience. Just make sure the rubber edge is one piece and if you are going to add a new rubber plow edge, do yourself a HUGE FAVOR and extend the rubber about 4" past the end of the plow on each end, but no more than 4" or you risk tearing the rubber edge with down pressure. The extra 4" on each end are helpful for clearing overhead door openings as the rubber against the door jamb won't cause any issues but the edge of the steel blade will, that's why the extra 4" overhang on each end of the plow.

One long rubber plow edge piece is better than trying to join two edges as otherwise the trailing lines of snow where the material comes together will likely drive you nuts like it does me.

·
Premium Member
9,344 Posts
Sometimes the wife has great ideas. She suggested selling it and getting one that won't make me unhappy :thumbup1gif:

I'll end up making that 18" bracket for the backside to pull them both in, then snap some pictures and list the setup for sale. I'll keep my QH but let the blade/extensions/wear strips go for a nice price to move it along.

I'll place a call into Compact Tractor Attachments for their 66" blade and see what the lead time is as well as options for adding a squeegee edge.

If they don't have a rubber plow edge, just pick up some material and make your own. I would also extend that past the end of the 66" plow as I described. I can't recall which tractor you have off hand, but be aware the corner clearance on the 1 series when the plow is angled in the lifted to transport position might be an issue, if it is, just raise and lower the plow when straightened and angle it when it's on the surface............it's that easy a fix............

Reactions: ColonyPark

·
Premium Member
9,344 Posts

The x758 will lift it higher than the 1 series (isn't that a screwed up deal?) because of how the quick hitch mounts. I doubt you will have trouble with the x758 with corner clearance with the plow rasied. I was able to carry my plow on my 455 which is 87" and the corners of the plow BARELY touched the road when the tractor would bounce in transport.......so you will be fine.

Seriously, extend the rubber squeegee edge no more than 4" on each side and you gain functional plow, especially when cleaning around objects......just don't go any further as the rubber will tear with too much down pressure when back dragging. When the squeegee is 4" or less past the end of the plow, you can lift the front wheels of the tractor with down pressure and not hurt a thing, assuming you have the right rubber plow edge.

I think the company you are looking at sells a composite plow scraper edge........My personal opinion is too much money when rubber will work as you have seen it first hand. I plowed a total of 900 driveways and 1/4 mile of private road dozens of times last year with the same rubber squeegee, In fact its still on the blade and I need to replace it. I keep delaying because the old one is working fine, but it is worn.

·
Corndog Hater
11,794 Posts

What a shame that you spent the money to not be happy. I will be adding extensions to my 54" blade before long. I may wait until next year, but have been going over this in my head now. Will you be happy with the 66" width on the CTA blade vs. the 72" you have now with the extensions?:unknown: I am leaning, at this point, towards these......

54 WIDE FITS JOHN DEERE | eBay

But I haven't completely made up my mind yet.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I wonder what the weight difference is between the 54” JD blade and the 66” CTA? I know my FEL mounted 66” CTA is considerably heavier (500 lbs. shipping weight) than the QH 54” that was on my x728. With the x728 I could plow most snows with no rear ballast. I’m pretty good ballast myself. When there was a lot of snow I added 2-4 suitcase weights to the JD weight bracket and that was enough to push deep snow that was over the top of the blade.

I know I absolutely needed ballast on the 1025R with the FEL mounted 66” CTA, there is not enough traction without it. First 5” heavy wet snow would have been no problem without rear ballast on the x728 but the 66” CTA is heavy. These things are built like the proverbial “Brick **** house”

·
Premium Member
9,344 Posts
What a shame that you spent the money to not be happy. I will be adding extensions to my 54" blade before long. I may wait until next year, but have been going over this in my head now. Will you be happy with the 66" width on the CTA blade vs. the 72" you have now with the extensions?:unknown: I am leaning, at this point, towards these......

54 WIDE FITS JOHN DEERE | eBay

But I haven't completely made up my mind yet.
I noticed in the Ebay listing the extensions come with "Hadrware"......:laugh: probably need a wernch to put it together. :laugh::lol:Couldn't resist.....

The nice thing in theory about the Superior Tech products is the way the post on the bottom of the extensions slides into the reinforced area of the 54" blade to give the extensions a lot of structural integrity when added.

Not sure why Nastorino was having the fitment issues, but it sounds like the plow radius is different than the extension radius, slightly which is all it would take. Or if the supports weren't perfectly square or many other possible issues which can lead to frustration. I trust his comments, just find the unnecessary frustration sad as the extensions should be easy to add if made correctly.

One thing to keep in mind is you will see wear on the ends of the plow edge because of the angles, so when I see the extensions sold which are made of a rubber flap, I wonder how they plan to deal with the wear issue on the bottom of the extensions as they wear, add a rubber edge to the rubber, which could be done or simply replace them, but they aren't cheap.

I have been playing around with Lexan :quiet:plow extensions which are wider at the top of the plow than at the base to help "throw" the snow off the end of the plow up and over the bank.........Not ready to show my ideas and what works and doesn't, but I also don't want to have the extensions impede my ability to back drag and clean inside overhead door openings, etc. which the additional width on the extensions at the top has complicated.......I am working on it. I am trying to find even more width and the ability to "roll more snow" than I have been able to with the top flap.

I am surprised how many want to add plow width but I see few add a top flap on their plow. Without the top flap, the snow just washes right over the back of the blade and onto the quick hitch, which you don't want as the angle cylinder fittings are fragile and easily damaged with ice chunks, etc.

The top flap, if constructed to extend beyond the edge of the plow and also angled so it's wider at the leading edge, it will actually throw the snow off the end of the blade when angled as it is "rolling" the snow off the flap, so it comes off the angled edge higher then the top of the plow blade. I should video the benefits of the flap IF WE EVER GET ANY MORE SNOW THIS WINTER.......

I think the plow blade height of the 54" Deere plow is right for the tractor when using a top plow flap. You want to be able to roll the snow off to the side when the blade is angled, not just push it like a snow pusher does, especially if you are plowing a long driveway or private road. Actually, be careful with getting a snow blade which is too tall as the weight in front of the plow needs to be pushed off to the side the wider the plow blade becomes.

I would consider the following "enhancements" as nearly mandatory to make the 54" plow functional to approach the tractors capabilities;

1. Rubber Squeegee plow edge
2. Extra Plow Width
3. Rubber or Flexible Plow Top Flap

The improved productivity far outweigh the downsides of additional load on the quick hitch and the need to replace the hitch center pivot and hardware sooner. You also have to be careful as the plow sticks out and when backing and driving around, you need to watch the plow corners as my plow sticks out about 15" to 18" on each side of the tractor.

My plow is 87" wide with an additional 8" of rubber plow edge extensions, so at 95" of total base width, it barely fits in a 8' overhead garage door, so you have to center the tractor in the bay when parking. Small inconveniences for the huge benefit of getting an extra 33" of plow coverage PER PASS. When you plow with the 54" plow angled, the cleared surface is barely wide enough to permit the tractor to drive on the plowed surface which is a huge shortcoming of the stock plow.

Once you have plowed with the additional width, it's simply frustrating to go back to the 54" width.

·
Premium Member
9,344 Posts
I wonder what the weight difference is between the 54” JD blade and the 66” CTA? I know my FEL mounted 66” CTA is considerably heavier (500 lbs. shipping weight) than the QH 54” that was on my x728. With the x728 I could plow most snows with no rear ballast. I’m pretty good ballast myself. When there was a lot of snow I added 2-4 suitcase weights to the JD weight bracket and that was enough to push deep snow that was over the top of the blade.

I know I absolutely needed ballast on the 1025R with the FEL mounted 66” CTA, there is not enough traction without it. First 5” heavy wet snow would have been no problem without rear ballast on the x728 but the 66” CTA is heavy. These things are built like the proverbial “Brick **** house”
And your cab is another 400 lbs plus when installed on the tractor.......I think you have the Mauser cab on now, correct?

I know I am ballast myself, (much more than I should be but that's life..:dunno:...), plus I have the cab and an additional 400 pounds on the 3 point hitch. So my tractor realistically between the cab, the 3 point carry all and myself has about 1075 pounds on the rear axle........

You raise a good point about the weight of the unit, which is why I also don't think getting a blade which is taller in height is as helpful as getting a blade which is wider when compared to the 54" plow blade. I know there were several people who bought the loader mount front plows from Deere last year and before, made by Frontier, before this most recent release and the old plows were specifically intended for the larger 2 series tractors (2032r, 2038r) and 3 series and they put them on their 1025r and they couldn't plow with it as it was too heavy to the tractor. The FEL mounted blade led the little tractor around by its nose........Plus it had no way to angle other than manually. I know of at least 3 GTT members who had these and ended up selling them.

The plow blade needs to be sturdy, but excessive plow blade weight accomplishes nothing when plowing snow. Look at all of the commercial plows which are made of composite materials for pick up trucks and larger. As long as the plow is strong enough to handle the duties, extra weight on the blade only complicates the handling of the machine and stresses the lift and angle mechanisms. That was specifically why years ago I combined two of the 54" blades as I wanted to keep the mounting on the tractor the same, the blade height the same, retain the hydraulic angling and lifting, just gain as much plow width as I could squeeze out of the two blades.

When going with a bigger plow on the front of these SCUTS, you really need to be careful that plow isn't excessively stout as the plowing tractor is not the size, weight and plow speed of a pick up truck. The base 54" blade from Deere weighs about 70 pounds with the HD shoes on it. My blade, which is two of them combined without any shoes and it weighs about 125 to 130 pounds of total blade weight with the flap and squeege. I can pick it up by hand, but not as easily as I once did.

Anything being hung on the front quick hitch needs to be very aware of the weight of the unit. Even those which are FEL mounted plows need to be careful about too much weight. It pushes the front of the tractor around and makes plowing even harder and in many situations, far more difficult.

One other critical point, the heavier the plow blade, the harder it is to TRIP it, which means you are likely to damage something else. On a tractor the weight of a 1025r, you don't want it to take the weight of a pick up truck behind the plow to cause it to trip. So be very careful to make sure your plow blades will trip when encountering obstacles as the consequences for the trip failing to occur can be broken bones and hitch and plow parts, I have done it................when the "J" pins accidentally snapped back into place and I wasn't aware.

·
Corndog Hater
11,794 Posts
I noticed in the Ebay listing the extensions come with "Hadrware"......:laugh: probably need a wernch to put it together. :laugh::lol:Couldn't resist.....

The nice thing in theory about the Superior Tech products is the way the post on the bottom of the extensions slides into the reinforced area of the 54" blade to give the extensions a lot of structural integrity when added.
Thanks SB. I must have had my beer goggles :eek:hmy::boring:eek:n when I looked at that listing.....I agree the Superior Tech extensions are great with the bottom post, but I never noticed that the ebay listing didn't have those. That's a deal breaker for me. I will probably end up with the Superior Tech extensions, I just wasn't sure I wanted to extend the blade out to 72". I'm also not sure I'll be satisfied with the flexible extensions, in say 3 years, due to wear and knowing that I really have no reason to not have rigid extensions.

Perhaps Nastorino's Superior Tech extensions were just "built at 8am on Monday morning" or "at 4pm on Friday afternoon?:dunno:

Reactions: nastorino

·
Premium Member
854 Posts
Hi SB,

I'm fairly confident I'm going to list it for sale and see if I get some bites. The extensions were approximately $180 and are very string and welded nicely. I was surprised to see they slid within the lower edge of the 54 plow for rigidity. They are definitely strong. The radius between the two is off ever so slightly but for the price I would expect it to be better. As far as the interior edge not matching up, I'm not really sure. I would out more money on the fact that the last owner of my blade tweaked it a little and it's not true to shape anymore and that's by they don't sit tightly together. I've only used my 54" once and I haven't used the 72", so I have no loyalty to one width over another.

If I keep the setup I would definitely call Heavy hitch and ask about their strap and the bolt pattern. I would also make/order another squeegee that leaves zero gaps and is continuous from edge to edge. BTW on this latest revision I did allow the rubber squeegee to overhang the edge of the extensions by several inches ;) someone recommended it to me.......

The CTA blade is heavier than the 54" with extensions yes. Is it as wide, no, it's 6" less. That being said 66 is better than 54. It does come with the poly edge or an AR steel one. I would likely add a rubber edge of some sort to squeegee effect. The top of it is predrilled for a flap, I would just have to add it. As far as the trip spring goes, it does not have a lockout pin, it is always in trip mode. I didn't realize the lift height on the x758 was greater than that of the 1 series, that's odd. Only JD....

ColonyPark, I personally wouldn't order that kit. It's $150 and you can get the oem JD one for $170, plus a rubber edge. That definitely isn't as sturdy as the JD one. I'd reconsider if I were you.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hi SB,

I'm fairly confident I'm going to list it for sale and see if I get some bites. The extensions were approximately $180 and are very string and welded nicely. I was surprised to see they slid within the lower edge of the 54 plow for rigidity. They are definitely strong. The radius between the two is off ever so slightly but for the price I would expect it to be better. As far as the interior edge not matching up, I'm not really sure. I would out more money on the fact that the last owner of my blade tweaked it a little and it's not true to shape anymore and that's by they don't sit tightly together. I've only used my 54" once and I haven't used the 72", so I have no loyalty to one width over another.

If I keep the setup I would definitely call Heavy hitch and ask about their strap and the bolt pattern. I would also make/order another squeegee that leaves zero gaps and is continuous from edge to edge. BTW on this latest revision I did allow the rubber squeegee to overhang the edge of the extensions by several inches ;) someone recommended it to me.......

The CTA blade is heavier than the 54" with extensions yes. Is it as wide, no, it's 6" less. That being said 66 is better than 54. It does come with the poly edge or an AR steel one. I would likely add a rubber edge of some sort to squeegee effect. The top of it is predrilled for a flap, I would just have to add it. As far as the trip spring goes, it does not have a lockout pin, it is always in trip mode. I didn't realize the lift height on the x758 was greater than that of the 1 series, that's odd. Only JD....

ColonyPark, I personally wouldn't order that kit. It's $150 and you can get the oem JD one for $170, plus a rubber edge. That definitely isn't as sturdy as the JD one. I'd reconsider if I were you.

In my experience, Jeff, at CTA has been very accommodating on requests. You might be able to get the plow with no steel or plastic edge. Have the holes drilled on the CTA and get the rubber edge you want. Jeff could give you the on center dimensions of the holes and you could have the rubber drilled to match. I’ve seen where some companies don’t charge to drill the holes.

SB,

Yes, I have the Mauser cab. I don’t think the CTA plow is heavy for its size and all high grade steel construction. Whether a 1 series tractor needs a plow as strong as this only time will tell. I’m actually more concerned about the overall length of the tractor, 3 pt. weight and FEL plow. Maneuverability of this combination makes snow plowing more challenging compared to my x728and 54” plow. I’ll have to change how I plowed my personal driveway because of it. However, I have a Mauser cab and the luxury of HEAT, WOO-HOO:
lolol:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts