Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Getting everything ready with my 1025R for the 12"-20" we are expecting in southern PA. The left side of my 54" front blower and snow plow blade are both about 1" higher than the right side when slightly raised. Not a big deal but it'll annoy me especially when I try to run the blower in a slightly raised position on our gravel driveway and also clearing snow in the yard for the dogs. I used the blade earlier this year and didn't notice it since I have the rubber edge on it.

I loosened all the front attachment frame bolts when the blower was lowered and retightened then thinking that might help level everything but no change.

All four tires are equally inflated.

Tractor is relatively new (less than a year old and only 80 hours). No frame abuse.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,278 Posts
The 54" blower on my 2720 is the same way and has been since new. Given that the entire mounting system from the tractor up to the blower is very loosey-goosey it's not really surprising that it isn't perfectly level.

The good news is that when you lower the blower to the ground and put it in float mode it works just fine.

·
Super Moderator
8,053 Posts
Any chance the front Quick Hitch is twisted? It's common to both the Plow & SB.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
54" blower and front blade not level

How about tire pressure?

All tire pressures are set evenly. Well, the fronts are the same side to side m and the rears are the same side to side.

22 psi front and 20 psi rear.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I can guess why the blower lifts unevenly. I bet the blower is not built so that it's perfectly balanced, left to right. My 47" blower has the fan offset to one side. As you lift it, the slop in the front hitch becomes apparent as the light part of the blower lifts before the heavy.. Now why a straight blade would lift unevenly.. I don't know.

Just my guess.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts