Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a JD 54" front mount blower on 11-24 and was wondering if the cable system to adjust the chute deflector is an optional item. Dealer didn't say anything about any options if so I'll just get the linear actuator on ebay as it is about the same price.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Yes, it is a blower option ordered separately.

Reactions: JohnDeereYooper

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
You are welcome. The reason I know is I had to order mine after a season without it. Now, there is no way I could live with out some kind of remote. Good luck with your mod.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Actuator has been ordered. Now I'm thinking of using the mower lift interconnect and mower lift switch (already in the factory wire harness) to power it for a factory build. Does anyone see any problems with this.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Actuator has been ordered. Now I'm thinking of using the mower lift interconnect and mower lift switch (already in the factory wire harness) to power it for a factory build. Does anyone see any problems with this.
My guess is you are blazing new ground. You'll have to let us know the problems you find.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I finally got around to installing the actuator today. I ended up tapping into the mower deck lift assembly harness. I bought a dtdp switch that fits the factory knockout location. Everything went as planned and looks factory. I couldn't be happier.

Reactions: ColonyPark

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I finally got around to installing the actuator today. I ended up tapping into the mower deck lift assembly harness. I bought a dtdp switch that fits the factory knockout location. Everything went as planned and looks factory. I couldn't be happier.
:ttiwwp:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts