Green Tractor Talk banner

54" Front Blade Repair

4K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Gizmo2 
#1 · (Edited)
I recently bought a 54" front blade off of flea-bay for my 655 tractor and even thought the seller stated: "THIS IS A 54 INCH SNOW PLOW IN GREAT SHAPE. IT HAS NOT BEEN USED VERY MUCH", well not knowing much about these blades I just found out that the lower part of the moldboard is so worn that I can barely see two of the bolt holes on the left side that is used to bolt a cutting edge to. Even the skid plates have been worn to the point that it is even with the lower bracing edge of the blade. I have an AR400 cutting edge coming from Heavy Hitch and would like to find a welder in my area that can weld a strip on the bottom and drill the holes so I can bolt the edge back on. Does anyone know the dimension from the holes to the bottom edge? I am thinking about an inch & a half, does this sound right? And maybe add some gussets behind the newly installed strip?

Thanks, Bob

#2 ·
Bob, I'd love to help if you were closer...can you post some pictures of the bottom of the blade?

#7 ·
#10 · (Edited)
Now that everyone has passed the sensitivity training and all the reports were filed away; here are a few of the photos from the bottom of my blade. Those are brand new skid plates that I replaced the original ones that were worn down to the bottom of the blade itself.

Yellow Vehicle Construction equipment Crane
Yellow Water Rust
Rust Yellow Iron Metal

As you might see in the last photo in the red circle is about a 1/16"th of the bolt hole left and there's another one on the edge.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bob

Attachments

#11 ·
Sorry Bob, I thought that it would be more like the #380 blade I have since it was for the x55 series machines, but I guess not the 655.

#12 ·
Bob,
My first thought is to weld a piece of angle iron to the bracing that is going the length of the blade and the moldboard itself with one leg of the angle iron taking the place of the missing moldboard. Hard to tell from here if it would work.

Excel drawing......

Line Diagram

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.