Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to add a 54" front snow blade to a 1025/26r .is it a involved install or is it like a 4110 where you have an additional bracket to install with the spring loaded bolt set up. I have a bad back and laying on a cold cement floor for hours is not an option. Any input appreciated. My first post here and I have been reading many helpful posts here ( thanks) .

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,082 Posts
:wgtt:

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
I am looking to add a 54" front snow blade to a 1025/26r .is it a involved install or is it like a 4110 where you have an additional bracket to install with the spring loaded bolt set up. I have a bad back and laying on a cold cement floor for hours is not an option. Any input appreciated. My first post here and I have been reading many helpful posts here ( thanks) .
A bracket and 2-pins is hung on the front of the tractor. Slips on fairly easy. (I have the Quick-tatch version)

Once the loader is off I can't see putting on the front blade taking more than about 10 minutes.

·
Premium Member
14,114 Posts
Welcome from West Virginia,, As sstlaure said simple deal .

:wgtt:

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
I did it in an evening on my 1026R.

Here is a thread I started on it.

http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/implements-attachments/11528-after-school-fun.html

Once you mount the frame brackets it's all pretty easy and nothing is all that heavy. If you have a dolly to set the blade on when not in use the job is that much easier. Everything quick connects to another part so if it's all broken down there aren't any overly heavy parts. Do you already own the machine?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did it in an evening on my 1026R.

Here is a thread I started on it.

http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/implements-attachments/11528-after-school-fun.html

Once you mount the frame brackets it's all pretty easy and nothing is all that heavy. If you have a dolly to set the blade on when not in use the job is that much easier. Everything quick connects to another part so if it's all broken down there aren't any overly heavy parts. Do you already own the machine?

Yes I have a 1026r but I have a pending trade for a 1025rtlb with 45 hrs. I need a snow blade as I have 1000 ft road and 200ft of driveway to push.

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
Yes I have a 1026r but I have a pending trade for a 1025rtlb with 45 hrs. I need a snow blade as I have 1000 ft road and 200ft of driveway to push.
If I had my choice again - I'd probably get the Artillian frame and adaptor and run the snowblade on the loader arms. That would provide for the easiest removal/attachment.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I ordered the 54" blade. I am going to have the dealer do the install as I am busy with 2 places getting them ready for winter and have limited time right now. The leaves are dropping fast too and I am having a hard time keeping up ... Cyclone rake hmmmmm might be in order :thumbup1gif: .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts