Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just hooked up my 54" snowblower for first time. Pretty easy and painless. The one thing I can't quite figure out is how the hydraulics are matched up. Right now it's hooked the way you see it in the picture below but it doesn't work right. can someone please post a picture of how it should be setup?

image.jpg

·
Registered
994 Posts
I will go look later on and get back to you, I will say one of the very first things I did when I got mine was go to Green Farm Parts and order the color coded caps/plugs for my lines so I only had to guess the first time. You are going to love that blower!

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will go look later on and get back to you, I will say one of the very first things I did when I got mine was go to Green Farm Parts and order the color coded caps/plugs for my lines so I only had to guess the first time. You are going to love that blower!
Thanks. I'm not looking forward to snow but at least I'll get to try this bad boy out once it starts to fly.

·
Banned
419 Posts
Hook up

ON my 4100 it is yellow and silver then black and green At least that is how I am connected and works great. top two and the the bottom two.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
I just hooked up my 54" snowblower for first time. Pretty easy and painless. The one thing I can't quite figure out is how the hydraulics are matched up. Right now it's hooked the way you see it in the picture below but it doesn't work right. can someone please post a picture of how it should be setup?

View attachment 100497
looks to me like the color coding is mixed up. connect them red to red, green to green, etc.

Reactions: etcallhome

·
Banned
419 Posts
54 blower

Let me try to explain to you

The up and down cylinder has 2 hoses 1 up and 1 down

Put one in the black and one in the green coupler try the up and down on your lever.

If it doe snot work then switch to the yellow and silver try again.

One will work and one will not. If the up is down and the down is up then reverse the hoses.

Then do the same with the chute rotation hoses using the other two couplers if the left right is reversed reverse the hoses.

Then once you have it as you want go toa farm or auto store and buy some colored cable ties. and place on on the hose side and on on the coupler side A lot easier and cheaper than JD rubber caps. And they stay on.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Let me try to explain to you

The up and down cylinder has 2 hoses 1 up and 1 down

Put one in the black and one in the green coupler try the up and down on your lever.

If it doe snot work then switch to the yellow and silver try again.

One will work and one will not. If the up is down and the down is up then reverse the hoses.

Then do the same with the chute rotation hoses using the other two couplers if the left right is reversed reverse the hoses.

Then once you have it as you want go toa farm or auto store and buy some colored cable ties. and place on on the hose side and on on the coupler side A lot easier and cheaper than JD rubber caps. And they stay on.
Thanks I'll try this tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Yup, like Tony said, adjust the connections so they work the way they are suppose to. I had the same problem with my loader. Had to get the correct set of colored caps and plugs.

·
Premium Member
2,146 Posts

View attachment 100497
I have a 1025R. This is the quick connect layout for the snowblower and/or blade..... Red - Lower, Blue - Lift, Yellow - Rotate right or blade angle right, Black - Rotate left or blade angle left. Not sure if they are the same on your tractor. See pictures for color designations.

MMM lift (single acting cylinder) is connected to black connector.

FEL - Red lower, Blue lift, Black bucket roll back, Yellow bucket dump (has regen when lever is pushed all the way to right)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,285 Posts
Yup, like Tony said, adjust the connections so they work the way they are suppose to. I had the same problem with my loader. Had to get the correct set of colored caps and plugs.

Someone, I think it might have been Levi, used color coded tie-wraps on his machine and I had some lying around and tried that as well. IMO, that works even better than color-coded caps. $2.00 for a package at Lowe's or HD and they don't get torn off. :good2:

·
Banned
419 Posts
Connections

While I was trying to make the directions simple last night I forgot one thing. If after you get the hoses to work with the right connections then try your snowblower to see if it floats. If it does not then move the set of hoses from one apir of connections to the other. As you will want float for the blower. Sorry for forgetting the float point. If you get a connection locked under pressure and can not connect or disconnect then turn the tractor off and rotate the control lever through all the positions. IF that does not help the get a block of wood and take the Male end with the ball on it and hit against the wood. You will get sprayed with oil so drape the end the best you can with a rag.

·
Banned
419 Posts
cable ties

Someone, I think it might have been Levi, used color coded tie-wraps on his machine and I had some lying around and tried that as well. IMO, that works even better than color-coded caps. $2.00 for a package at Lowe's or HD and they don't get torn off. :good2:
I found the cable ties work perfect as I posted in a previous post. If your working in brush the caps seem to disappear. The other thing the cap end get so filled with crud you have to clean is out every time you use it. I would rather wipe the coupler off. BY the way carb cleaner does wonders to flush out a female coupler.

·
Banned
419 Posts
cable ties

Here is a pic how I used them on mine. If you happen to have cutters that leave sharp edges on the cable tie after cutting it off. Heat a screw driver and lightly melt the ends where they cone out if the head. Will smooth the sharp end and also make is almost impossible to remove with out cutting. You can see them on the hoses and couplers

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Jim, I have more issues than you. :mocking:

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
If your working in brush the caps seem to disappear. The other thing the cap end get so filled with crud you have to clean is out every time you use it. I would rather wipe the coupler off.
Connect the caps and plugs into each other after you have made the coupling connections. This prevents both of your problems.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Connect the caps and plugs into each other after you have made the coupling connections. This prevents both of your problems.
Is there a trick to getting them to stay coupled? Even after a thorough cleaning that leaves no oily residue I can't get at least 2 of my sets to stay connected together. If I remember correctly, the black set is so loose it just falls back apart.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Is there a trick to getting them to stay coupled? Even after a thorough cleaning that leaves no oily residue I can't get at least 2 of my sets to stay connected together. If I remember correctly, the black set is so loose it just falls back apart.
I have no problem with my two sets of plugs and caps. If I remember correctly, it has been mentioned that Deere has another style and has the issues you are experiencing. Sorry, that is all I think I know.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have no problem with my two sets of plugs and caps. If I remember correctly, it has been mentioned that Deere has another style and has the issues you are experiencing. Sorry, that is all I think I know.
Okay...thanks, I'll check that out.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Okay...thanks, I'll check that out.
Here are the caps I have.

1M70728Cap1(BLACK)
M132021Cap1(YELLOW)
M132022Cap1(SILVER)
M132024Cap1(GREEN)

Reactions: tj1 and OldmanX
1 - 20 of 30 Posts