Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I got a 1025r filb with a 54 inch mmm back in June and have been loving it all summer, however the last few times I have mowed I have been having a problem with the front mower deck arm coming unhooked while mowing. It's always the same side, and sometimes it's off in the first minute of mowing and sometimes it takes longer. In the pictures the arm is above the hook but most of the time it hangs down below. I am just wondering if this is a deck level issue or something else I can take care of or if it is a dealer issue. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

·
Registered
340 Posts
A couple of things jump out at me. First it appears that the draft arms are maybe spread a bit. Take a look at mine. They measure about 8 3/4 inches and they should be tight agains the two stops on the rod. Secondly I am thinking although I cannot see from your picture that the draft arms are not centered on the mower deck.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,751 Posts
Another thought, are the bolts holding the brackets to the frame tight.??

or if they are tight !

are both brackets in close to the frame ?? You're not showing us the brackets ,,or at least a good picture of both brackets

another thought,,, maybe the brackets need switched side to side.

·
Registered
747 Posts
t,,, maybe the brackets need switched side to side.

I think you've nailed it!

Mine are attached so the space between the brackets is smaller, not larger. My space measures just under 13".

DSCF7524.JPG

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Yup.. brackets incorrectly installed. Switch side to side and it will narrow the gap. Then check the front to rear deck level. Looks a lil low in front

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
14,751 Posts
I think you've nailed it!

Mine are attached so the space between the brackets is smaller, not larger. My space measures just under 13".

View attachment 244090
Yup.. brackets incorrectly installed. Switch side to side and it will narrow the gap. Then check the front to rear deck level. Looks a lil low in front

You mean I've gotten two things right this summer:lol: How did I do that!:hide::lol:

·
Registered
2,942 Posts

I agree doc. Also I have much more threads exposed on the ends of my hanger.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,266 Posts
Another thought, are the bolts holding the brackets to the frame tight.??

or if they are tight !

are both brackets in close to the frame ?? You're not showing us the brackets ,,or at least a good picture of both brackets

another thought,,, maybe the brackets need switched side to side.
I just looked at mine and this is what you need to do. Mine, the bend goes in not out.

·
Premium Member
14,751 Posts
I got the brackets swapped today, almost too tight for the draft arms to fit now. Did a quick test mow and the arms didn't fall off so I think it's fixed now. Thanks again guys.
:bigthumb::bigthumb::bigthumb::bigthumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts