Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ability to google seems completely lost this morning.

I have a big hydraulic leak on the angle cylinder for my 1025R 54 Inch plow. I believe the angled part below is bent/broken?

Does anyone happen to know the correct part number for these parts? I sure would appreciate it....

Thanks!

Auto part Bumper Fuel line Automotive exterior Wire
Auto part Bumper Fuel line Automotive exterior Wire

·
Premium Member
17,425 Posts
Below is the parts information for that elbow. You should be able to get one of those at any local hydraulics shop. Just take your old one along to be sure they give you the right one.

Part Number:
AA36342
Part Price: 13.05 USD
Description: Elbow Fitting - ELBOW FITTING, ELBOW ASSY 90 DEG.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
You should also have an o-ring on the cylinder side.

Oh and grab a handful. I break them all the time. Broke my last one two weeks ago.

What happens is when you are back dragging you get snow that builds up in a pocket that the cylinder sits in. It is worse when it is wet heavy snow as that packs in to form ice better than powder. As more and more packs in and you are angling the blade back and forth forming more and more ice it will eventually push on the line enough to crack that elbow.

I try and limit how much I push snow to the left. More so if I am back dragging more (I have to) and it is wet heavy snow. I push snow to the right as much as possible as then that cylinder is extended and line clearance isn't a factor.

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
15,155 Posts
This happens when the ice packs in the hitch. Do yourself a favor and buy three or four of the 90 degree fittings so you have spares, as this happens often in deep snow, pushing the snow into the piles and allowing snow to get in and on top of the hitch and when you angle left, it compresses the ice until finally, it bends or breaks the fittings.

One way to help reduce this is to allow your tractors exhaust to heat the area of the quick hitch and keep the snow melted and prevent the ice from forming. If you have a 1025r, you likely have the exhaust already blowing at this area unless you added an exhaust extension or routed the exhaust away from the hitch, which many do to reduce the smoke build up. A little Dawn dish soap will wash the smoke off each spring....................

A plow top flap on your plow will reduce the snow coming over the top of the blade which leads to this problem. It doesn't solve it 100%, but it will reduce the likelihood because the snow doesn't accumulate on top of the hitch. There are threads about the plow top flaps material and what works and doesn't. If you can't locate them, I can provide details on what I have done and it has worked very well.

I am very familiar with this fitting and the issues, be careful to not over tighten it when putting it back together and also do not change the angle of the fittings and reduce the clearance as it will only get worse. Also, avoid using multiple fittings hooked together if you can get one with the correct angle. Each additional fitting adds another connection to leak and also reduces the clearance in the hitch.

Should you need any help or have other questions on this matter, don't hesitate to send me a "Conversation" as I don't follow threads so I might not see a follow up question if posted here. We can add our conversation to this thread so it might help others down the road with the same issue.

Make sure to purchase quality fittings, do go cheap here or you will regret it. Also make sure the threads are clean on both the cylinder when you change the fittings and also the hose connections and make sure any O rings are not torn or seated incorrectly, should they apply.

A follow up post from you once you have solved the problem with any details or issues you can share with others will help the next person who has the same issue. This is not a "rare occurrence" when it comes to damage to the fittings and leaks from having the fittings stressed from ice, etc.

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
15,155 Posts
Not sure the fitting you bought is going to work as you can't tighten the base thread to po
Text Font Line Technology Audio equipment
sition the angle of the fitting separately so its tight at the correct angle for the hose. Hopefully, it will work, if not, this is likely the problem you will have as the portion which threads into the cylinder needs to allow you to secure the fitting tight with the angle for the line, still tucked in. I hope it works as if should be shorter than the OEM fitting, which means it will be less likely to have a problem getting bent again.

Great, now order some spares for your spare parts box along with a spare seat switch, spare 1/4" male and female quick connect and spare under the floor fuel filters (you should have 3 or 4 of those on hand at all times) plus a spare fuel filter in the separator.

When you own and use these machines long enough, a few common problems happen with them and this hydraulic fitting is a common issue, as are the fuel filters and also having a quick disconnect hydraulic fitting leak or stick open.

In fact, I will even make the parts number list for you, to save you the time. I am really in a generous mood today because someone surprised me with a box assortment of Girl Scout cookies via Fed ex today for helping them out recently.......

Hydraulic fittings on the Angle cylinder on the Quick hitch- It takes these two fittings to make the total part the way you need it to tighten the line.
Quantity 2, part number AA36342 Angle Fitting on angle cylinder $12.43
Quantity 2, Part number AH89069 Angle fitting on angle cylinder $ 8.73

1/4" Quick Connect Hydraulic Fittings
Quantity 1, AM102420 Male fitting. $14.41
Quantity 1, LVA16843 Female Coupling 1/4" $16.85
Quantity 1, 40M1826 Snap Ring to hold the female coupling into the foot rest bracket $2.30

Fuel Filter
M801101
This is the filter in the fuel separator $12
AM116304 Filter under the tractor floor. You should keep a couple of these on hand $5.16 (please note, these are a directional flow filter so make sure they are installed correctly to permit fluid flow. )

Seat Safety Switch
AET10449
Seat Safety Switch $24.19

Engine Oil Filter - M806418 $8.30
Hydro System Filter -LVA16054 $29.30
5 Gallons of Low Viscosity Hydro Filter.......See your Dealer, but with your dealer being a distance away, you should keep this on hand. If you ever break a line or damage the hydro filter, etc. and have a fluid leak, you need almost 4 gallons to refill the entire system after servicing. 5 gallon pails are usually a lot cheaper than one gallon at a time.

These are some of the parts I keep on hand as they are wear items or when they do fail, having them on hand is important since your dealer is 1.5 hours away. These are all critical items which you need to get the tractor running again when it stops.

Since you are a distance from the dealer, these are items I would keep in your spare parts box so you can get back to the business of tractor operation. Chances are one day you will need these items, some as part of general maintenance, others should you have a failure of these items, which does happen.

All parts listed assume you have a 1025r. Since its not listed in your signature, I am making this assumption based upon your photo's, etc. If you have a different model make sure to look up part number. You should verify the part numbers for your machine based upon your machines VIN number before ordering these parts.

Good luck............

Reactions: ErikR

·
Registered
255 Posts
Make sure when you install your new fitting that they do not hit when angled all the way. QuickTaches never had this issue when they packaged them with cylinders that had fittings in them already. Now you get a bare cylinder and you have to install the fittings. They have to be perfectly angled or they will hit or loosen when you angle all the way.

·
Premium Member
14,514 Posts
At the National Farm Machinery Show they had a 1 series with a front hitch & snow blade.

I got to see the fittings you are talking about and their location.

I can see this being a frequent problem. All it will take is some hard packed snow or ice in that slot and those two little 90's don't stand a chance.

There has to be a better way of doing this. I know if I owned one I would be looking real hard at my options.

Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
I find it is back dragging that does the most at packing this in. Unfortunately exhaust isn't an option for those of us with a X Series. It is on the right side not the left. You can on the 1 Series though.

Don't forget the sponsors here since you are looking at ordering and shipping one. They might have them in stock and get them faster as well as the discount. I drive by my dealer every day on the way home from work so it isn't as big of a deal. I did have to order them though the last time.

Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have bent, cracked and broken numerous of these fittings. Here are the parts my John Deere dealer says I need. I usually have about 2 of each on hand always (IMO, it's pretty crappy that I need to. May somewhat be operator error on my part). There are a couple different types of configurations with the angling kit: there are the pieces that I use below; and there is a configuration where the angled piece coming out of the ram or attached to the hose is a "small tube or small pipe" that is smaller in diameter and "less bulky" that I can't find. jgayman posted a schematic above that depicts kind of what I am talking about. The piece is just below part #9 in his picture.

Auto part Screw Fastener

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.