Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 1023e with 54mmm. When trying to connect, disconnect, deck slides on concrete floor. I did read up on forums and couldn't find a definite answer on how to solve the problem. Just when my tires hit the edge of the plate welded to the deck the deck slides. I'm thinking of drilling and inserting tapcon (I think that's what their called) bolts into the floor so just the head is sticking out. Then when I hit the deck with the tires it will slide until it hits the bolts and stop sliding. I would put so reference marks on floor so I know i'm where I should be every time. I would put 4 of them in concrete 2 in front of deck and 2 behind deck. They would only be 1/4 to 3/8 high and would just stay there. I would rather change my deck on the concrete because it's flat and smooth. Yes I did have tractor in 4x4. What do you think? Will it work? Thx

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a 2018 1023e with 54mmm. When trying to connect, disconnect, deck slides on concrete floor. I did read up on forums and couldn't find a definite answer on how to solve the problem. Just when my tires hit the edge of the plate welded to the deck the deck slides. I'm thinking of drilling and inserting tapcon (I think that's what their called) bolts into the floor so just the head is sticking out. Then when I hit the deck with the tires it will slide until it hits the bolts and stop sliding. I would put so reference marks on floor so I know i'm where I should be every time. I would put 4 of them in concrete 2 in front of deck and 2 behind deck. They would only be 1/4 to 3/8 high and would just stay there. I would rather change my deck on the concrete because it's flat and smooth. Yes I did have tractor in 4x4. What do you think? Will it work? Thx
Put it out on the grass and drive up on it. The concrete is too slick and doesnt have any give to it to hold the mower deck. That way you don't have to drill into your concrete cause I've done concrete and no matter if it's an 1/8" hole or a 1" hole, it will crack eventually

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,633 Posts
What I did in my garage was put an old rubber pick up bed mat on the floor, the smooth concrete is what appears to giving you headaches.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I put it in four wheel and go slow. It totally solved issue.

Reactions: Boonie

·
Administrator
18,287 Posts
Rubber mat and 4wd, that should solve the issue.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Just got a flyer from Tractor Supply today. 3'x4'x1/2" mats are on sale.

I had the MMM sliding problem in my barn concrete aisle, but it resolved after I laid down rubber mats.

Be aware that the MMM adjustment instructions assume that the MMM and all 4 tractor tires are resting on the same flat surface. The geometry changes when the MMM is on a thick rubber mat and the tractor tires are on the adjacent concrete floor.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have probably attached my mower deck about 100 times......on my asphalt driveway. I'd guess I have a 95% success rate. On the times the deck started slipping it was for several reasons: 1.The asphalt was very wet and it made a slippery surface. 2. One of the height adjustment wheels was not fully released and the deck was not totally on the surface and the deck slipped.(Operator error!) To try to eliminate slippage, I made out of 2 X 4's, two 2 foot long doorstop shaped "deck stops". I put them under the front of the deck before I drive over the deck to attach it. This seems to stop slippage by the deck. It may also work on a concrete surface.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
The only instance I have this issue is when I forget to put it in 4x4.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I have had the deck go completely haywire on me and get sideways on the cement floor.
I'm too cheap plus don't want to have a mat laying there so I always do the deck on the lawn.
Usually I am adding or subtracting the loader so I just use my forks to carry the deck back into or out of the garage if I am needing to.

·
Registered
238 Posts
It might be something simple

I've discovered that the mower deck will turn one way or the other if you don't put the tractor in 4x4 AND make sure the tractor tires touch the mower deck at the same time. If the left tire tries to climb over first the deck will swing around to the left, and the opposite if the right tire tries to climb over first. Your alignment before you try to either detach or attach has to be perfect.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I put it in four wheel and go slow. It totally solved issue.
Thanks Firemark, I do have it in 4wd but it still wants to slip. I do have the turf tires maybe they just don't grip as well?

·
Registered
363 Posts
You might also try backing over the deck in 4WD.
I'm sure that would not work. The front attaching bracket would not like it at all!!!!!!!

·
Registered
570 Posts
I'm sure that would not work. The front attaching bracket would not like it at all!!!!!!!
Why? Remove it until you get staged over it. Then connect. At least, I can do it this way with my unit.:unknown:

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Simple wooden wedges..

...are my answer also. Back a some years in the thread lists you will find my sweat soaked whining profanity laced (implied) pleadings trying to get my deck to sit still for hooking up. Three times I had the deck "spin out" 45º before I could brake the tractor or otherwise stop the movement. Differential action of front wheels and uneven blacktop surface was killing it...

I cut my wedges from 4X4 garden ties, about 15" long and gently sloped. I drive them just under the front and rear lip to take some of the slack out of the space under there and no more problems. I also suggest getting the FWD engaged before reaching the rear ramps and not engaging it at the deck. I usually make a slight turn just before lining up. (Paranoid, I guess!:laugh:) FWIW, I wedge it and dismount deck in FWD because it CAN twist with the front tires backing over the deck. AMHIK!

If I can save just one operator a bout with a high lift handyman jack and railroad bars to get off a spun deck... I feel I've accomplished something at last in this world!:lol::thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
I got a rubber stall mat from TSC and that helped. Bc my 4wd on my x758 isn't manually engaged I still get some slipping.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Why? Remove it until you get staged over it. Then connect. At least, I can do it this way with my unit.:unknown:
The original person was referencing a one series tractor. To do what you suggest on a one series tractor would defeat the purpose of AutoConnect.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thx for all the replies. I am thinking maybe I should be in 4wd for 10 feet or so, so that 4wd is engaged all the way. I was lowering my deck and all the other stuff then putting it in 4wd and backing up. Maybe it wasn't engaged in 4wd as I'm trying to drive up onto deck in reverse. How long should it take the 4wd to engage and shouldn't there be an indicator light on dash showing it's engaged?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts