Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 54D Auto Connect MMM for my 2016 1025r FLB. I gave it a short test run today and then started looking at the mounting system on the front of the tractor. Will I be able to mount my Quick Hitch 54" Blower on my tractor this fall or will I have to remove the mounting brackets for the MMM? Anything else that I need to do for my seasonal switch?
Thank you!

·
Premium Member
12,770 Posts
You will probably have to remove the MMM bracket and install the snow blower bracket - unless you happen to have the combo bracket.

JD offers a combo bracket that accommodates both the MMM and snow blower.

Reactions: kylew and DRobinson

·
Registered
255 Posts
The front quick hitch brackets go on the inside of the frame and the MMM brackets go on the outside of the frame. If you have a brush guard too, with both brackets, you will need 4 longer bolts in the front to go through everything. Both brackets can stay on all the time and don't get in the way of each other.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome! Thank you. I was hoping that was the case.

The front quick hitch brackets go on the inside of the frame and the MMM brackets go on the outside of the frame. If you have a brush guard too, with both brackets, you will need 4 longer bolts in the front to go through everything. Both brackets can stay on all the time and don't get in the way of each other.

·
Premium Member
2,143 Posts
As JeffW said, as long as all of the brackets are installed correctly, no need to remove any of the brackets on the front of the tractor to either mount the mmm or the front quick hitch, they just both cannot be on at the same time, but then, why would you do that. :dunno:

As an additional note, what you cannot do is, once you have the front quick hitch brackets installed, you cannot hang suitcase weights on the front of the tractor. The best way to hang front suitcase weights with the front quick hitch brackets is buy a heavy hitch front weight bracket. https://heavyhitch.com/product/quick-attach-front-weight-bracket/

Also, when you have the tractor set up to use the front mount snow blower, e.g. the mid PTO and front PTO hanger is installed but the front quick hitch is not installed, the FEL cannot be installed with the mid PTO and front PTO shaft hanger installed.

Attachments

Reactions: kylew

·
Premium Member
14,912 Posts
You can , but why,,, I found it easier to mount the front quick with the blower driveshaft installed to bracket.

Plus with MMM on cannot use both the mmm and blower at same time because lift arms for mmm need to remove meaning mower needs to be removed.

Yes you could use a front blade with mower on , but again WHY, with auto connect MMM takes maybe 3 mins to remove deck.

Just my 2 cents .Cheaper to remove mmm than breaking , twisting or doing damage to mower or brackets.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Hold the phone...you mean I’ve been swapping my quick hitch and mmm front brackets on and off every season for no reason?

The mmm brackets will not interfere with the quick hitch for the snowblower?

I would have never assumed this was the case....gotta get some longer bolts.

:dunno::banghead:

·
Super Moderator
2,462 Posts
Hold the phone...you mean I’ve been swapping my quick hitch and mmm front brackets on and off every season for no reason?

The mmm brackets will not interfere with the quick hitch for the snowblower?

I would have never assumed this was the case....gotta get some longer bolts.

:dunno::banghead:
That is correct. The quick hitch brackets mount to the inside of the frame rail, the MMM to the outside. Once installed, neither come off.

View attachment 640756

The numbers 9, 10 & 11 refer to the item numbers from the parts catalog for the bolts and nuts, which came with the quick hitch when I bought mine. I didn't have installation instructions when I installed mine, so I used the parts catalog for reference. All 4 bolts need to be longer than what came stock.

Reactions: etcallhome

·
Registered
968 Posts
You can , but why,,, I found it easier to mount the front quick with the blower driveshaft installed to bracket.

Plus with MMM on cannot use both the mmm and blower at same time because lift arms for mmm need to remove meaning mower needs to be removed.

Yes you could use a front blade with mower on , but again WHY, with auto connect MMM takes maybe 3 mins to remove deck.

Just my 2 cents .Cheaper to remove mmm than breaking , twisting or doing damage to mower or brackets.

Actually the lift arms don’t need to be removed . Only the rear bar that has a nut on each end needs to come off so the driveshaft don’t hit it. One lift arm needs to be “released” so the threads on the cross bar extracts easily. Every thing else that lifts the deck can stay just raise it in full up position and lock with knob.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Actually the lift arms don’t need to be removed . Only the rear bar that has a nut on each end needs to come off so the driveshaft don’t hit it. One lift arm needs to be “released” so the threads on the cross bar extracts easily. Every thing else that lifts the deck can stay just raise it in full up position and lock with knob.
I believe Gene is referring to a non autoconnect. With the autoconnect, it is very simple. The front of the carriage arm is attached with clevis pins that come out easily as are the turnbuckles from the lift arms. I lower it first, disconnect the driveshaft from the transaxle, remove the clevis pins from the lift arms, and finally the clevis pins at the front of the carriage. It all slides out as an assembly.

We'll want to remove the lift arms on each side or they may fall off. I'd suggest adding a 3/8 fine thread jam nut to each to prevent the adjustment from being altered. Also, mark them left or right with a permanent marker.

Reactions: etcallhome

·
Premium Member
14,912 Posts
Turn , but I found it is just as easy and quick to remove the arms.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Turn , but I found it is just as easy and quick to remove the arms.

That’s fine, I’ve done it both ways and found less to remove and reassemble with the chance of needing to readjust when reinstalling mower hanger and deck if things move. Especially if stowage is disrupted. But different tastes makes the world go around.:lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts