Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I noticed while plowing last night that the plow will not swivel to the left all the way. i have also noticed a bit of play in the blade. not very stout. any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
5,110 Posts
The 54" plow always has a lot of slop it in. Because of the way it's mounted to the QuickHitch and the way the QuickHitch attaches to the machines, there are a lot of "little wiggles" that compound into "big wiggles".

If it isn't turning the full angle then you probably got some snow/ice wedged in there that was holding things up. Check it again when the "stuff" is all melted off and see if teh issue goes away. If not, post back with more info with what's going on with it. :good2:

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
Are your angle cylinder hydraulic quick connects connected properly??:dunno:

·
Registered
554 Posts
So I noticed while plowing last night that the plow will not swivel to the left all the way. i have also noticed a bit of play in the blade. not very stout. any suggestions?
Angled left is with the cylinder in the fully retracted mode, if memory serves?

Checked for any obstructions?

I'd also completely remove and separate the quick hitch and plow from the tractor, inspect, and remount. Kind of like rebooting a computer -- many times that's all it takes :lol:

·
Premium Member
12,241 Posts
The 54" plow always has a lot of slop it in. Because of the way it's mounted to the QuickHitch and the way the QuickHitch attaches to the machines, there are a lot of "little wiggles" that compound into "big wiggles".
The problem with the compounded big wiggles is they will just keep getting bigger and sloppier as those pins and slots constantly beat against each other as you are ramming the blade into the snow. Keep in mind that the 54" blade was designed for use on garden tractors and JD just repurposed it for the 1-series and believe it or not the 2-series.

·
Registered
554 Posts
The problem with the compounded big wiggles is they will just keep getting bigger and sloppier as those pins and slots constantly beat against each other as you are ramming the blade into the snow. Keep in mind that the 54" blade was designed for use on garden tractors and JD just repurposed it for the 1-series and believe it or not the 2-series.
Well the 1 Series is just a big garden tractor, right?!? :lol:

·
Super Moderator
5,110 Posts
^^^ All 100% true! I've always found it a little ridiculous that the 54" plow is the only option Deere had to offer me to mount on my 2032R. My tractor is way over-powered for that thing. I've already blown up on angling cylinder.

·
Registered
9,406 Posts
I used to have ice buildup problems with my 445 for angling left. After breaking a fitting off the cylinder I remembered to chip it out before every use.

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
^^^ All 100% true! I've always found it a little ridiculous that the 54" plow is the only option Deere had to offer me to mount on my 2032R. My tractor is way over-powered for that thing. I've already blown up on angling cylinder.
I do understand what you are saying, although, the actual blade doesn't have anything to do with the angle cylinder. The angle and lift cylinders are mounted in the front hitch which is specific to the tractor.

Like anything that applies leverage, if you push against one end of the blade, you could over pressure the angle cylinder which will blow it out.

JD does not put a cross over or port relief in the angle hydraulic circuit. So, if you push against one end of the blade, even with a 1025R, the leverage applied to the angle cylinder will be extreme. Because there are no port reliefs of cross over reliefs, the excessive pressure has no where to go except to blow out the cylinder.
If you are using your blade where there is potential to load one end of the blade while pushing with the tractor, like grading dirt or stone, you should pin the blade straight so there won't be any load applied to the angle cylinder.

The same thing can happen if you pry with a bucket and push forward with the tractor, levering the bucket cylinders.
If you want to prevent the possibility of over pressuring an angle cylinder, you could install one of these. :good2:
Prince Manufacturing Corporation > Products > Hydraulic Valves > Relief > Model DRV

·
Registered
149 Posts
The swivel frame likes to accumulate and pack snow into the crevice area on the plow side of the angle ram. Happens much more frequently when back dragging. I use an old truck tire iron to clean that area out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I257 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Should i buy new pins? will that tighten things up?

·
Registered
967 Posts
The "Wiggles" are also prevalent with the 54" snow blower. As the Plow or the Blower gets put through the paces over the years, the hitch gets loose.... really loose.

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
Should i buy new pins? will that tighten things up?
Not unless the pins are worn. Personally, if the blade front hitch and blade are connected properly, I don't find that there is that much sloop in mine. Nothing that is noticeable.

·
Super Moderator
8,050 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
That's why when I bought my 1025 I bought the deere quick hitch then put the Compact Tractor Attachments (CTA) 60 full size blade. its taller and have real skid feet.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,050 Posts

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
That's an awful lot of plow blade for a X595. You'll need plenty of ballast, chains and anything else traction related to push that 66" wide & tall blade in wet snow. You might want to consider their 60" version.....:hi:
Let's not mess with the master plan.Every attachment I get is designed to fit future tractor.:quiet::lol:
I don't see a problem,besides if I step up to a 1025r I'll be set.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm8z68x4wQg

·
Registered
9,406 Posts
Let's not mess with the master plan.
I don't see a problem,besides if I step up to a 1025r I'll be set.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm8z68x4wQg
That video looks like child’s play compared to the foot plus I cleaned Wednesday. That said it was plowable with a gt and 54 blade. A properly ballasted 4wd I would think could push a 66 through a lot. My personal preference would be a 59 blower shell converted to snow pusher. With the game being snow on the bank I would think wings get more cubic feet on per push then the extra width.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts