Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,816 Posts
I was talking with another member from here the other day and he mentioned that there is no adjustment for the springs, shame on JD.
However, I can't help you on your question.
I need to check the adjustment on my plow springs every year and adjust as necessary.

Can you post up a picture of the spring setup?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was talking with another member from here the other day and he mentioned that there is no adjustment for the springs, shame on JD.
However, I can't help you on your question.
I need to check the adjustment on my plow springs every year and adjust as necessary.

Can you post up a picture of the spring setup?
i am away in nyc this week but i tought that the springs on jd54 snow blade are all the same nothing to adjust:unknown::munch:

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
i am away in nyc this week but i tought that the springs on jd54 snow blade are all the same nothing to adjust:unknown::munch:
I'm "another member". Just another reason that if I would have known about the real blade that some shortline manufacturer sells, I would have bought one instead of the 54.

The only way I could see to change it would be to use an eye bolt and two nuts for the top hook of the spring and adjust through the top angle iron on the blade.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,816 Posts
Sorry, I have a custom setup using a Meyer blade...

IMG_1245_1.jpg

DRobinson's suggestion is a good one.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Sorry, I have a custom setup using a Meyer blade...

View attachment 318634

DRobinson's suggestion is a good one.
Show off! lol

One thing I learned about plows is that they all mount to some kind of A frame. The front/tip of the A mounts to the king bolt. This is where the plow angels. The back/2 legs of the A mount to the tractor/truck frame. When the plow is on the ground in plow position this frame needs to be level with the ground. If the back is to high the plow will trip to easily. Seen a few YouTube videos of peeps with loader mounted plows having problems. Make sure that your plow frame is level every time you lower your plow and see if that helps. When you lift your plow at the end of your run use the loader arms instead of the bucket curl.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,816 Posts
Show off! lol

One thing I learned about plows is that they all mount to some kind of A frame. The front/tip of the A mounts to the king bolt. This is where the plow angels. The back/2 legs of the A mount to the tractor/truck frame. When the plow is on the ground in plow position this frame needs to be level with the ground. If the back is to high the plow will trip to easily. Seen a few YouTube videos of peeps with loader mounted plows having problems. Make sure that your plow frame is level every time you lower your plow and see if that helps. When you lift your plow at the end of your run use the loader arms instead of the bucket curl.
:thumbup1gif:

When I made the frame I used this from Meyer...

Meyer_TM_clevis-height-1.jpg

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
:thumbup1gif:

When I made the frame I used this from Meyer...

View attachment 318970
Your tractor/plow looks to be setup perfectly. What model & size is it?

The usual problem with a standard plow set up is ground clearance the rest of the year when you are not plowing. Nothing stops a tractor/truck faster than catching that frame on something.

Even with a loader mounted box blade it has to ride level.

Reactions: pcabe5 and Gizmo2

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,816 Posts
Your tractor/plow looks to be setup perfectly. What model & size is it?

The usual problem with a standard plow set up is ground clearance the rest of the year when you are not plowing. Nothing stops a tractor/truck faster than catching that frame on something.

Even with a loader mounted box blade it has to ride level.
TM 72
Frame is installed for winter, removed after winter, 2 bolts and the frame is off.

Ready 12062016  (1).JPG

http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/metalworking-fabrication/2799-front-mount-snow-plow-build.html#post22106

1 - 10 of 10 Posts