Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you all know, the 54" snow blower is a bit on the narrow side for the 2000 series machines. So I took things into my own hands and decided to add wings to increase the width by another 12". I got the material and took it to a shop to put the bends in. I think I made them out of 3/16 thick material. I powder coated everything. Here are the pics to show the final outcome. Hope ya like 'em.

Attachments

·
Corndog Hater
11,779 Posts
As usual randy, nice job! I have a set for my 47" blower but ended up taking them off after a few seasons. Besides the concrete pad in front of the garage, the bulk of my snowblowing is single car width driveway. They seemed bulky to me and I haven't missed them much. Enjoy yours!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,158 Posts
Randy,

Looks great! Nice work..

:thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As usual randy, nice job! I have a set for my 47" blower but ended up taking them off after a few seasons. Besides the concrete pad in front of the garage, the bulk of my snowblowing is single car width driveway. They seemed bulky to me and I haven't missed them much. Enjoy yours!
I have already used them for one season and I love them. Great for cutting through some big drifts. I can run the pads to the edge of the concrete and let the wings clear the extra for the brush clean up.

Reactions: ColonyPark

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Man...its good to have you contributing again. Your projects are always an inspiration. I just wish we had a need for snow removal , err...maybe not. But looks great!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Man...its good to have you contributing again. Your projects are always an inspiration. I just wish we had a need for snow removal , err...maybe not. But looks great!
I agree!!!... in fact if you dont mind, can you please sell your present rig and set up and buy all new :lol:so you can do all the Mods you have done so far to another unit....:lol:

I wish you were my neighbor

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I agree!!!... in fact if you dont mind, can you please sell your present rig and set up and buy all new :lol:so you can do all the Mods you have done so far to another unit....:lol:

I wish you were my neighbor
Thanks guys. Stand by, I have more ideas.

Eugene, you are only a day trip away. You'd be aiming for Stoughton. I was in the Quad Cities this spring taking in the Harvester Plant Tour and the Deere Pavilion, highly recommended.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm much closer.... Now if we'd only get some snow.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, you are. Any of you may stop by and talk green machines any time.

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
Ok, I'm curious. Randy, what did you attach the brackets to on the snowblower housing itself? Looks like some sort of custom bracket that is either welded or bolted to the snow blower.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, I'm curious. Randy, what did you attach the brackets to on the snowblower housing itself? Looks like some sort of custom bracket that is either welded or bolted to the snow blower.
The wings are directly attached the blower sides with two bolts. And then, the wings are also gusseted with a bolt-on brace. And yup, it is of my own design.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Randy, just out of curiosity who paints all of your projects that I have seen you post and are they all powder coated?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Eugene, you are only a day trip away. You'd be aiming for Stoughton. I was in the Quad Cities this spring taking in the Harvester Plant Tour and the Deere Pavilion, highly recommended.[/QUOTE]

One old timer I used to work with from Stoughton used to say it was always windy there. Because Milwaukee blew and Madison sucks!?

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Randy, just out of curiosity who paints all of your projects that I have seen you post and are they all powder coated?

Eugene, I paint all of my projects. They get powder coated if they fit into the oven (standard 30 inch). If they are larger parts they get regular paint.

One old timer I used to work with from Stoughton used to say it was always windy there. Because Milwaukee blew and Madison sucks!��
Yeah, there is some truth to that one. :thumbup1gif: We'd have to move this to the political section if I go any farther.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Nice mod RandyM....BTW....your shop is WAYYYYY too clean :laugh:

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice mod RandyM....BTW....your shop is WAYYYYY too clean :laugh:
Thank you Scott. Oh no, you're on to one of my many other faults. :mocking:

·
Registered
31 Posts
To Squeegee or not ?

I say chaps, does anyone have any wisdom on using a 'squeegee' on my snow blade for uneven asphalt ? My drive is nice and smooth and I have recently scraped it of mud and stones after doing some drainage work. However, the lane to our drive is pretty rough and patched asphalt and I'm concerned that my bald might dig in and either damage my blade/tractor or the surface more.
By the way......rented a CAT backhoe to dig my drainage, thought you might appreciate a picture...
image.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,865 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts