Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in time for spring... :dunno:

I only had 1 small snow to try these out, but on my X758 blade extensions make the blade long enough you can cover your wheel tracks even if the blade is at full angle. Here's a shot of the blade on it's dolly, and a rear view of the blade on the tractor. As you might guess from the rear shot, when angled the stock 54" blade end would not be far enough out. And of course more blade means faster clearing.

The 54" blade was OK on my 318, but the X758 is wide enough that it really doesn't work out unless you do the extensions. It's a standard JD part, so no welding or fabrication needed. Rear shot also shows the weight bracket in use. The "Pull me out" loop uses the optional 1" hitch adapter, and 1" to 2" adapter, and a 2" hoop insert. It's nice you can have that on there with the weights.

Pete

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Pretty spiffy Pete. :thumbup1gif:

You really need to spend more time here.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Randy

Yeah, I need to spend less time battling the mouse on the tracking project. I have some outdoor projects I've been wanting to do for 3 years now... I should get a job somewhere so I have more free time...

I have mowed once with the 23HP Diesel 4WD 60" deck X758, and it's a noticeable step up from the 18HP gas 2WD 48" deck 318. I can travel faster, it can go up slopes where I had to take the long way around to get up, just to mow down. The extra foot of cutting is nice too.

I have had some fun working on a project that could use a drone to assist in Search and Rescue, but waiting for FAA rules to get settled. Even then, I'll need to get an exemption to be able to use a drone for Search and Rescue. Am working on the software to hopefully get an experimental COE for the department to develop a safe way to use drones. It might take a while, believe it or not the government doesn't move as quickly as the private sector. I know they are swamped with people coming up with uses, time will tell.

Here's a shot of the homestead... you'll probably recognize a few projects I posted 4 years or so ago.

Pete

Attachments

·
Registered
11,880 Posts
Pete:

Do I understand that the extensions are JD parts? I need to look.

Thanks,
Don

·
Registered
178 Posts
Nice :good2:

How wide are each extension?

Roger

·
Registered
8 Posts
Do you have a part # Pete ? I didn't know they made them and would love to add them to my plow. I've always thought the 54" plow was too small for my X595. Than

Thanks for sharing this,
Curt.

·
Administrator
17,943 Posts
Pete:

Do I understand that the extensions are JD parts? I need to look.

Thanks,
Don
Nice :good2:

How wide are each extension?

Roger
Do you have a part # Pete ? I didn't know they made them and would love to add them to my plow. I've always thought the 54" plow was too small for my X595. Than

Thanks for sharing this,
Curt.

Take a look at this thread:
http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/implements-attachments/46249-18-snow-plow-extension-wings-54-plow-any-thoughts.html

·
Registered
11,880 Posts
Thanks, Kenny. I missed that thread.

I think I'll stick with my Artillian extensions for now, especially if we continue to have winters with no snow.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Extensions are 9" each. JD Part number is LP53767.

Didn't know Artillian has some, I would definitely check them out. As always "What Kenny said" applies.

Pete

·
Registered
11,880 Posts
Artillian extensions are heavy rubber. They work very well, especially when I hit something. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts