Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my 54" snowblower delivered a few weeks ago and was going to install it today when I realized I had all kinds of brackets and bolts to mount to the front bumper of my 1025R but no instructions on how and exactly where to mount them. I've done my searching here but to no avail.

Can someone please provide me with the instruction sheet(s) for the installation of the brackets that mount directly to the front bumper? I just need to know what size bolts go where and any torque specs (if necessary).

Thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
12,735 Posts
Hopefully another 1-series owner can help you but be sure to contact your dealer on Monday and request the manual and instructions that came with your 1-series quick hitch kit and snow blower. You are entitled to that documentation.

·
Registered
255 Posts
If you have a front hood guard and mower brackets, you will need longer bolts. The quick attach goes on the inside of the front frame. I usually use the bolts that came with hood guard for the 4 back holes and get longer bolts for the four front holes. The skinny bracket goes in the front using the two smaller bolts. Let me know if you have any issues with the install.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm not 100% certain of which piece you are working with. There is the front attachment support kit that holds the front of the mower as well as the quick hitch (LVU23138), The Front quick hitch and hydraulic lift kit (LVU23139) and the Front PTO kit (LVU27270) that I had to assemble for my snowblower as I received it in the crate. The front attachment support kit was already installed because of the mower.

I scanned in my manuals (English only) as I needed to do that anyway. Please ignore the grease.:dunno:

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not 100% certain of which piece you are working with. There is the front attachment support kit that holds the front of the mower as well as the quick hitch (LVU23138), The Front quick hitch and hydraulic lift kit (LVU23139) and the Front PTO kit (LVU27270) that I had to assemble for my snowblower as I received it in the crate. The front attachment support kit was already installed because of the mower.

I scanned in my manuals (English only) as I needed to do that anyway. Please ignore the grease.:dunno:
The first two you posted I did not receive with my parts and should give me all I need for the install. The third one did come with the blower. Thank you very much!

:good2::good2::good2:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you have a front hood guard and mower brackets, you will need longer bolts. The quick attach goes on the inside of the front frame. I usually use the bolts that came with hood guard for the 4 back holes and get longer bolts for the four front holes. The skinny bracket goes in the front using the two smaller bolts. Let me know if you have any issues with the install.
I do have the front hood guard but no mower mounts. Thanks!

:good2:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It turns out that they sent along more parts than is shown in the instructions you guys provided and now I have more questions. I'm going to contact the dealer too for help, but any more help would be appreciated.

Below is a picture of what I have. I don't know what the shims (I think) are for or where they go. I have no idea what that long bracket is for. And they gave me two sets of what appear to be hydraulic hose holder brackets round and square (#3 and #4). Not exactly sure which ones go where.

SBParts.JPG

·
Premium Member
12,735 Posts
The long bracket is the 1-series mount for the remote spout control. I assume you purchased that as well?

Not sure about the square hose guides, never saw those before. Use whichever round hose guides that you need to properly support the hoses and keep them away from the front tires. It never hurts to use an extra one if you need it.

My 2-series didn't come with enough so I purchased extras and mounted them where I saw fit to keep the hoses out of harms way.

Reactions: BarryNWa and PJR832

·
Registered
747 Posts
There are two of your #3 holders on my 1025r....

right side, rear holder...
DSCF8478.JPG

right side front holder.....
DSCF8479.JPG

There's a bar that attaches with 2 bolts to the front of the tractor frame...... I don't know if that's a standard item, or if it's part of the front quick hitch assembly...
DSCF8484.JPG

The 2 brackets in your picture go inside the frame rails. This is a dark pic, but you might get the idea...

DSCF8481.JPG

I think your parts kit came with a lot of extra parts, they might not all be used on your tractor and some of the parts might be for other model tractors...

I'm pretty sure someone will post the torque specs, but they're also listed in the tractor owners manual by bolt size, but not really by each specific use.

As far as which bolts go where... It's going to be a bit of a puzzle. If they fill the hole (don't used a skinny bolt in a large hole) and are long enough, they're probably in the right place.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The long bracket is the 1-series mount for the remote spout control. I assume you purchased that as well?

Not sure about the square hose guides, never saw those before. Use whichever round hose guides that you need to properly support the hoses and keep them away from the front tires. It never hurts to use an extra one if you need it.

My 2-series didn't come with enough so I purchased extras and mounted them where I saw fit to keep the hoses out of harms way.
Thanks. Yes I did also get the manual spout control but have since purchased an electric actuator kit from a gentleman who makes them for less than $200. As you said, if needed I can use the extra hose holders as needed too.

Thanks!

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have been setting up 1 series for 2 years and never seen #'s 1,2 and 4. The plug and wiring looks like the snow blower RIO sensor. I have seen others on here that got X700 line guides along with 1 series guides, but the X700 guide loops look different than what you have there. Looks like you have all you need just extra stuff possibly for other applications, I usually get less than is needed.

·
Registered
76 Posts
It turns out that they sent along more parts than is shown in the instructions you guys provided and now I have more questions. I'm going to contact the dealer too for help, but any more help would be appreciated.

Below is a picture of what I have. I don't know what the shims (I think) are for or where they go. I have no idea what that long bracket is for. And they gave me two sets of what appear to be hydraulic hose holder brackets round and square (#3 and #4). Not exactly sure which ones go where.

View attachment 500138
Shortstuff, the shims in your picture are to be used when installing your QH snowblower brackets when you already have the MMM brackets already installed on the front of your tractor.
I don't recall you saying you had planned a MMM for your tractor so if not hang onto them in case you go that route in the future.

My QH install kit came with the left, right and front brackets you have pictured.
I received the bag of bracket install bolts plus a bag containing the hose loops (item #3) and the bolts to attach them.

The other hose loops (Item #4) mount on the left side of the tractor to carry the chute cable along the frame and up to your mounting bracket.
You mentioned buying a remote actuator so could you please post something on that if you could when you are installing it?
I want to go that route as well for mine but am looking on here for recommendations.

Good luck with your install. :thumbup1gif:

Reactions: Shortstuff

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I must be the dumbest person on planet earth because I cannot find where I am suppose to plug in the end of the rpm sensor wire (harness). I have one end plugged securely on the end that attaches to the sensor itself near the driveshaft but all the pictures and info I have do not show me where to plug the other end to. Is there a connection inside the engine compartment somewhere? There is one 3-prong connector that is capped off (not used) between the alternator and starter but it doesn't match the connector at the end of the sensor harness.

:banghead:

I did speak with someone at the dealership early this morning and he said he would email me anything he could to help me with the install but I haven't received anything yet.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I must be the dumbest person on planet earth because I cannot find where I am suppose to plug in the end of the rpm sensor wire (harness). I have one end plugged securely on the end that attaches to the sensor itself near the driveshaft but all the pictures and info I have do not show me where to plug the other end to. Is there a connection inside the engine compartment somewhere? There is one 3-prong connector that is capped off (not used) between the alternator and starter but it doesn't match the connector at the end of the sensor harness.

I did speak with someone at the dealership early this morning and he said he would email me anything he could to help me with the install but I haven't received anything yet.

Thanks in advance.
You might have to lay on your back or drive up on some ramps to see it... Mine's way up under the front of the tractor.....

DSCF8491.JPG

The lead isn't very long and, for me, it was a real PITA to get to. I just never connect it, but then again I have installed a jumper on my RIO switch.... This opens another big can-0-worms... Some year tractor models are apparently easier to bypass the RIO than others. Mine was simple. I guess there's always the "clothes pin" if your set up doesn't work as designed... Good luck and don't be afraid to ask lots of questions!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You might have to lay on your back or drive up on some ramps to see it... Mine's way up under the front of the tractor.....

View attachment 501226

The lead isn't very long and, for me, it was a real PITA to get to. I just never connect it, but then again I have installed a jumper on my RIO switch.... This opens another big can-0-worms... Some year tractor models are apparently easier to bypass the RIO than others. Mine was simple. I guess there's always the "clothes pin" if your set up doesn't work as designed... Good luck and don't be afraid to ask lots of questions!
I really appreciate your help and I did go well under the front end of my tractor (a 2017 model) and pretty sure I checked every conceivable nook & kranny underneath. I then checked where the battery/radiator are and all throughout the engine compartment and still only found one 3-prong connector as shown in the picture below. I've tried and there is no way that those two go together which leads me to believe that the dealership may have provided me with the wrong harness (maybe for another tractor model).

I finally did hear from the dealership and they want to send a tech out to my house to help me with my issue which I will do.

Thanks again.

SBMountPics4.jpg

·
Registered
2,076 Posts

Thanks in advance.
The connector you spoke of between the starter & alternator is the correct connector for the ROI rotation sensor that mounts within the front PTO driveshaft bearing carrier. All the plugs mated with mine. There is a dummy sealing plug that has to be removed, as you mentioned.

Reactions: SulleyBear

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The connector you spoke of between the starter & alternator is the correct connector for the ROI rotation sensor that mounts within the front PTO driveshaft bearing carrier. All the plugs mated with mine. There is a dummy sealing plug that has to be removed, as you mentioned.
I think that it is the right connector too but I did remove the white plastic end cap on it and carefully tried but they just do not mate. I appreciate the help.

:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
747 Posts
OK, it looks like you're getting closer. I went out and removed the left side panel and traced the sensor wire back towards the engine. From the picture I posted earlier, the one way under the tractor, the wires run back towards the left side, in front of the starter.

This tag is on my sensor wiring harness.....

DSCF8498.JPG

this is what it looks like when the connection is separated...

DSCF8497.JPG

Here they are connected....

DSCF8496.JPG

I'm curious, it looks like there's a plug or cap on the wiring harness in your picture??.... The top one? The one you labeled "tractor harness"

OOOPPPsss looks like the plug/cap was already suggested, I didn't read down far enough...

·
Registered
747 Posts
the plug cap comes off where the yellow is.... not the red....

SBMountPics4.jpg

·
Registered
42 Posts
RIO Sensor & 1026R

I don't wish to add to the confusion but, I have a 2012 1026R. My model did not come with the RIO sensor. However, when I bought my 54" snow blower it came with the sensor and wire with the plug at the end. I was advised that I didn't have to mount it. The good part is, I can back up and the snow blower keeps going and I don't have to shut it down. There are a couple of youtube videos on how to disable the seat sensor and others if a person is interested how to. I can also backup with my MMM without it shutting down. I didn't disable the seat sensor so if I get up off the seat everything stops. Personally, I do like that safety feature. :cool:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts