Green Tractor Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Homemade Spike Harrow / Gill Pulverizer (less the roller)

I built this to maintain a gravel driveway and prep the lawn for seeding.

It is 54" wide with 12 spikes on the front and 11 spikes on the rear.

It is Quick Hitch compatible and comes with the bushings.

I built it when I owned a 2305 and it works really well on a SCUT.

Not sure what the "value" is so for the sake of a starting point, $250

We can go from there.

20190521_161510.jpg

20190521_161524.jpg

20190521_161538.jpg

·
Registered
7,916 Posts
I saw that sitting in the back blade picture and wondered what brand it was............Looks very well made. Not sure that I have a use for it, but I am sure someone will................:good2:

·
Premium Member
7,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw that sitting in the back blade picture and wondered what brand it was............Looks very well made. Not sure that I have a use for it, but I am sure someone will................:good2:
Thank you.

I have used it for several things. It works great to prep a seed bed. My intention was to put a rear hitch on it and then add a pull behind cultipacker for that purpose.

Only problem now it my tractor is 60" wide and it is 54". :banghead:

I have also used it to restore old gravel drives. Wait till just before it is gonna rain and then go work the drive. You only need the top inch or so worked up.

When it rains, all of the dirt rinses down through the gravel and after it looks like you just spread fresh gravel.

If it doesn't sell I will salvage the spikes and such, scrap the rest, and build a new one that fits my 39R. The spikes and u-bolts is where the :gizmo: are.

·
Premium Member
2,884 Posts
It might be worth adding 3" to each end and a few more spikes. That is such a nice harrow! :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
7,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It might be worth adding 3" to each end and a few more spikes. That is such a nice harrow! :bigthumb:
Thanks Carvel.

I am hoping it can go to a new home as is.

One of the other fit issues I have with it is the lower lift pin height. When I built it I had a SCUT with a limited Cat 1 hitch. I built the hitch to best fit the SCUT.

It works behind a normal Cat 1 hitch, but I have to lengthen both of the adjustment arms to get it down far enough.

Version 2 might also have the option to put rippers in front of the harrow teeth. :munch:

·
Premium Member
7,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bump to top.

For what it's worth, I'm planning a trip to Gulfport, Mississippi sometime later this month and delivery options are available between there and western Kentucky.

Will probably be making a trip to haul off scrap after I return....

·
Premium Member
7,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump

Gonna be going to the scrap yard. Anyone interested in this for scrap price?

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
What's scrap value? :unknown: Where in KY are you?

That's one of those things that I wouldn't mind having around, but not sure how much I'd use it. You mention that you used it to prep the lawn for seeding. Funny thing is that just this morning I wrote in another thread that I needed to put together a plan to get my "lawn" transformed into an actual lawn! Maybe I do need it! :laugh:

Are you ever up in the Cincinnati / Dayton area?

·
Premium Member
7,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What's scrap value? :unknown: Where in KY are you?

That's one of those things that I wouldn't mind having around, but not sure how much I'd use it. You mention that you used it to prep the lawn for seeding. Funny thing is that just this morning I wrote in another thread that I needed to put together a plan to get my "lawn" transformed into an actual lawn! Maybe I do need it! :laugh:

Are you ever up in the Cincinnati / Dayton area?

No but I could get as close a Louisville with no problem.

If I'm lucky scrap value is between 5 and 10 dollars.

·
Registered
12,249 Posts
No but I could get as close a Louisville with no problem.

If I'm lucky scrap value is between 5 and 10 dollars.
You should come up to Empire Farm Days, I'll give you well more than scrap price, I just can't make the road trip down to you. :banghead:

·
Premium Member
7,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You should come up to Empire Farm Days, I'll give you well more than scrap price, I just can't make the road trip down to you. :banghead:
I would but my shots aren't current.

Maybe I could get it to Mark02tj and when he is done with it it would be closer to get to you.

·
Registered
11,654 Posts

Maybe I could get it to Mark02tj and when he is done with it it would be closer to get to you.
:laugh: u must think ur going to the border instead and trying to cross it or something-IDK. no need for passport, or ur up to date shots:lol::lolol:

·
Registered
12,249 Posts

Something like that would work, not like I need ti today.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
It would work, but Louisville is about 3 hours each way for me. And I don't go over there on any regular basis.

Do you want to hold on to it until next February and we can meet up at the Farm Show? :unknown: :laugh:

·
Premium Member
7,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It would work, but Louisville is about 3 hours each way for me. And I don't go over there on any regular basis.

Do you want to hold on to it until next February and we can meet up at the Farm Show? :unknown: :laugh:
That could work as long I we're still here and I remember to bring the dang thing in February.

If something comes up let me know. Louisville is about 2 hours for me so I could go a bit further if something brought you that way.

·
Premium Member
7,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:laugh: u must think ur going to the border instead and trying to cross it or something-IDK. no need for passport, or ur up to date shots:lol::lolol:
BigJim, I generally don't go anywhere I am not allowed to bring my close companion and its six friends. I also consider those places to be a foreign country and I just remain in the land of the free.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
That could work as long I we're still here and I remember to bring the dang thing in February.

If something comes up let me know. Louisville is about 2 hours for me so I could go a bit further if something brought you that way.
I appreciate that! Continue to post it for sale. If you sell it before February, I wouldn't blame you!! :good2:

·
Premium Member
7,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sold!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.