Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently got a 5115m with a 540m loader with third function at work. I work for a state wildlife agency and it was on contract, so I feel we have been given the run around since the dealer doesn’t make much off of contract sales. My question is about the third function outlets mounted to the torque tube. The are not mounted to anything and are just hanging there. It looks like a plate would be there with the QDs mounted to it similar to a bulkhead fitting. Does anyone have a pic of a third function mounted on a newer style loader? I attached a pic of how the dealer sent the tractor to us!

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,340 Posts
Welcome to GTT.

I can't find any info on a bracket or really any other details on the 3rd function kit in the new JD parts adviser system. I can't get in the old system till later this afternoon.

·
Administrator
18,340 Posts
Sorry, I looked again in the old parts system and I still can't find it.

·
Registered
840 Posts
The only thing I can find is a grapple for the bucket, that might use that hookup. (Used to grab bales, and secure them onto the bucket). Looking on the 540M loader in the parts advisor. But couplers are not right, and the bracket/rack looks to be missing alignment pins??????

·
Premium Member
7,838 Posts
The bracket looks like it is designed for a single function multi-coupler. (What I would want, but expensive)

There should be available, a bracket that bolts to this bracket to use quick couplers. I found P/N W51453 for a JD 563/673 loader.
(key 12 in the drawing) You may need different quick couplers P/N AW31998

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
The dealer didnt have the right part so they jury rigged it. The way you got it is not correct. Deere has two ways of installing the couplers for the 3rd function. One has been posted already by Ripsaw. The other sytle is what I have (pictured). When I got my tractor the dealer did the same kind of home made job instead of ordering the correct parts and I made them re-do it.

Attachments

Reactions: Kennyd

·
Premium Member
7,838 Posts
The dealer didnt have the right part so they jury rigged it. The way you got it is not correct. Deere has two ways of installing the couplers for the 3rd function. One has been posted already by Ripsaw. The other sytle is what I have (pictured). When I got my tractor the dealer did the same kind of home made job instead of ordering the correct parts and I made them re-do it.
You have a single function multi-coupler made for Deere by Faster. Nice! :good2:

Reactions: meyerld
1 - 8 of 8 Posts