Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a JD 5410 with hydraulic issues. The bucket on the loader will slowly roll over and hang loose. The wings on the mower will ease down as well. No leaks on the outside, must be leaking back into the reservoir. Is this a valve problem somewhere or a pump problem? Anyone have an idea on this?

Thanks
Steve

·
Administrator
22,655 Posts
Steve, are you using the same valve for both the dump/curl and the mower?

What you are describing is generally a valve problem, the pump has nothing to do with leakdown. A bad cylinder can cause this as well but since you stated two different implements I would suggest the valve (if it's the same one).

Now, the real bad news...spool valve are usually not re-buildable since the tolerances are so tight in them and all the parts are lapped and honed for a precision/matched fit.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The tractor has 3 sets of services rear. With the flex wing, the wings, and the mower itself (won't hold it's set height), ease down. They are on different services. What do you think?

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
How long of a time period is this over? While the tractors running over 4 hours or is this a bleed down after the machine has been shutoff for a week?

·
Administrator
22,655 Posts
Tough call, it could go either way. I assume the wings are plumbed in parallel so they operate of one valve? If so one of them could be bad...are they DA (dual action) cylinders?

Another option is to install a DPOCV like this to lock the cylinders: Surplus Center - LOCK VALVE 1/2" NPT 25 GPM 3000 PSI

·
Administrator
22,655 Posts
Taylorway 1550, 2 years old. Not sure if DA. Thanks for info. I think I will have someone take a look at it.
If they (the cylinders) are DA they would have two hoses going to them. Only one if SA.

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
I'm not the hydraulic expert, but it sounds to me like the problem would be more on the tractor end, since both the batwing and curl are effected - odd the lift/lower isn't effected.

·
Administrator
22,655 Posts
I'm not the hydraulic expert, but it sounds to me like the problem would be more on the tractor end, since both the batwing and curl are effected - odd the lift/lower isn't effected.
Yeah, but they are not using the same valve...unless all the spools have the same leak-by problem.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Do not know if this will help to providing an answer, but here is some other information.

I am guessing that you have a dual SCV (boom and bucket) and single SCV (rotary cutter) on your tractor located on the right hand side in the back. The first connections coming out from the tractor is for the boom (float detent), second for the bucket and third for the rotary cutter (float detent).

From JDparts I include a picture of the dual SCV

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.