Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, i'm new to this page, but need some help bad! my jd 5425 is having some sort of clutch engagement issue. when i push down on my clutch pedal it doesn't seem to be doing anything. I can barely get the tractor in gear and it wants to move as i shift. anyone have advice?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Welcome to the forum...
Moving as you shift means the clutch is dragging instead of disengaging. Before anything else, adjust the clutch pedal free play. Procedure and spec in your operator manual.

·
Premium Member
8,782 Posts
What transmission does it have? Power Reverser clutch is different than Collar shift or syncro trans.

Reactions: jdmich

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I Have a SyncShuttle transmission. I've been trying to adjust the clutch pedal but it doesn't seem to do anything. if I adjust it loose or tight I seem to get the same outcome

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
It sounds like your clutch is either stuck or warped. If you manage to get it in gear, does it stop when clutch is pushed in? Can you stop it with the brakes? If not then most likely clutch disk is rusted to the pressure plate. Try starting and getting it into gear and then while holding clutch down, alternately jab down on left and right brakes with throttle at least half. Sometimes the shock load of jabbing on brakes can free it up. DId tractor sit idle for a long period before this occurred?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was able to get my tractor into first and second gear and drove around, but very tuff and almost impossible. I could not get it into reverse. the clutch pedal doesn't seem to do anything. used the breaks a bunch. This tractor is in normal use and I don't think there should be a bunch of rust

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
is there any chance it could be a clutch solenoid? trying to lean more about this transmission and it sounds like there is some or one solenoid in it

·
Premium Member
8,782 Posts
Clutch is mechanical release, no solenoid.

·
Registered
568 Posts
A last check... Does the PTO operate normally ?
Make sure there is no movement between the traction clutch lever arm and the shaft. (when operating the clutch pedal) The shaft is attached to the fingers the push the clutch release bearing. If the shaft is moving through the whole range, You might have to split the tractor to access the clutch and transmission.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts