Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Trying to decide.....

If I get the 54D 7-Iron Auto Connect WITHOUT the auto connect PTO, would that eliminate the possibility of some of the PTO failures I have been reading about on these boards?

Other thoughts, advantages/disadvantages of MMM vs 3 point grooming?

thanks,

( this would be for a 1023e )

sea

·
Administrator
18,346 Posts
Rear mowers are great in open areas, not so much for around the house and other obstacles found in most yards. I'd take a MMM anyday over a RFM for most mowing duties.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Did I miss something? I didn't know these units had PTO problems. Keep everything adjusted right and lubed and it should be fine for a long time. On the 1000 series I would only go auto connect, thats one of the best feature about these tractors in my oppinion.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have had both. I vote for MMM. I like the AutoConnect.

Reactions: Levi

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
The 1 series hasn't had any PTO failures that I've seen on here. Some people have Auto-Connect issues, but they stem from inproper setup on delivery and even those are few and far between as a whole. The MMM is a great mower and easy to connect and disconnect, espescially with Auto-Connect. Personally I've never ran a RFM. If I were getting one I wouldn't get a 48" one as it would only be as wide as the tractor. With all 4 wheels running over the grass you'd end up with a pretty poor quality cut "I would guess". I say "I would guess" as I do not own one. Are you looking at smaller units to cover small spaces or do you have lots to mow around? If you have to mow around stuff and the space isn't all that limited I'd get the 60" mower. That gives you some space when running up close to obsticles. It's no fun mowing by bushes or trees and getting scraped up.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
I love my 60" MMM on my 1025R - no way I wouldn't get the autoconnect.

The flexibility and ease of changing implements is why I bought it over other brands.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I'm pretty happy with my 60" MMM as well... I'm still playing with adjustments, but it seems to be work pretty well and I don't anticipate any major issues or longevity challenges beyond some additional tweaks to dial it in. I may try a 60" Phoenix RFM from EA at some point, but have a feeling the MMM is the best of both worlds, especially around the house.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts