Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thing has loudly rattled around on this bar for almost 2 years. I couldn't figure out what was making the noise until last weekend. I don't see an obvious way to tighten it up. My deck connects almost perfectly and I don't want to mess that up. It's worn into the bar a little at this point. Any ideas? Have a great weekend.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
20,917 Posts
There's an updated linkage assembly that addresses that problem. Is yours still under warranty?

·
Administrator
20,917 Posts
Have a chat with your dealer and schedule a repair under warranty. You should get a new assembly. :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
This thing has loudly rattled around on this bar for almost 2 years. I couldn't figure out what was making the noise until last weekend. I don't see an obvious way to tighten it up. My deck connects almost perfectly and I don't want to mess that up. It's worn into the bar a little at this point. Any ideas? Have a great weekend.

I've read quite a few post regarding problems with this. I looked under the tractor and mine came with the newer linkage. I make sure I keep the entire assembly lubed and as clean as practical. Also, I ordered two sets of bushings from green farm parts. Even though mine are fine right now, they are cheap enough, and it's the wear point. Figured, have them in stock is easier than going out of service with shipping lag. I also look at the assembly every time I go under the tractor, which is often.

Reactions: userjh160

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did some mostly fruitless searching before I posted and saw where someone had the same problem, but a fix wasn't mentioned. I had a hard time believing something was engineered with that much slop in it, once I found the source of the racket. What parts does the newer style assembly consist of?

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
I did some mostly fruitless searching before I posted and saw where someone had the same problem, but a fix wasn't mentioned. I had a hard time believing something was engineered with that much slop in it, once I found the source of the racket. What parts does the newer style assembly consist of?

There is a thread that addresses the whole issue, and has pics of both the older "harness" that didn't seem to hold up and the newer one Deere replaced it with. If you do a search you will find it. In addition, there are plastic ?/nylon? Bushings that are on the new one and a few of the guys have kept an eye and replaced them before it was metal on metal.

Stuff like this can be a PITA but on a brighter note, It's minor. I would rather have had the minor problems I've had with my one year old Deere than engine, trans stuff. Overall, annoyed with the,"parting" out to China nonsense but happy with the tractor.

·
Registered
748 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Searched some more and think I found the post. Got enough info/terminology and shot an email to my dealer. We shall see. Thanks again.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I was one with a worn linkage issue...replaced with the updated version under warranty.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Guys:

I've had this same issue since I bought mine 2 years ago. Finally figured out where the rattle was coming from and placed some heavy zip ties around carrier bracket and rod assembly. That helped but still rattles from time to time, which has to develop wear points over time. I've tried to find the related posts via search and still can't find much information aside from what has been discussed in this thread. I see there is reference to a plastic bushing. Is anything else included in the JD upgrade?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't know how to link a post, but search for broken mmm lift mechanism in the scut forum. Should only return one result. Good info there.

·
Registered
2 Posts

As mentioned before me, the bushings are missing. Mine was delivered that way. When I first got it, I had my wife jump on and fire it up, and engage the pto. The auto-coupler looked like it was flopping around, making the rattle. I figured the pto shaft was severely out of balance, but it turns out after researching, I found that there was supposed to be some bushings between the 2 silver "arms" that sandwich over the shaft, and the shaft. Dealer picked it up, put the missing bushings in, no more death rattle.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had a rattle and chatter in mine when the deck was raised to full height. What I found was that the auto connect/PTO coupler was not properly aligned with the gear box shaft. After I re-aligned the coupler, nearly all of the noise went away. The chattering has completely gone.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts