Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1023e with 54D Auto con deck. Thinking about getting a mulch kit. Can I use the gator blades with the mulch kit, whats would the part # be for the mulch kit and can you buy it without blades? Or will a block off plate on discharge side work ok Trying to stop grass from getting into the wood mulched areas eh

Reactions: Bill56

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
I have a 54 on my 1026 but no Gators. I do use a block off plate instead of a "mulch kit" with excellent results in grass and Autumn leaf work. My GX335 has a 48C deck, Gator blades and use same type of block off plate also with good results.

I'm not sure if the Gators make that much difference when blocking off the discharge. More inclined to think that height of cut, moisture content and amount of overlap makes more difference in results. I believe with a plate on "blades is blades" just so long as they're sharp and running wide open throttle.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 54 on my 1026 but no Gators. I do use a block off plate instead of a "mulch kit" with excellent results in grass and Autumn leaf work. My GX335 has a 48C deck, Gator blades and use same type of block off plate also with good results.

I'm not sure if the Gators make that much difference when blocking off the discharge. More inclined to think that height of cut, moisture content and amount of overlap makes more difference in results. I believe with a plate on "blades is blades" just so long as they're sharp and running wide open throttle.

Do you have a pic of your plate

·
Registered
747 Posts
I put a mulching kit on my 54D. I like it. The kit comes with 3 blades... The kind with the hump in the center. It's an easy install.
The part number is BM20827

DSCF6505.JPG

Before...
DSCF6510.JPG

After...
DSCF6518.JPG

In that pic I hadn't taken off the plastic deflector yet.

Here's a link to write up on it...... http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/implements-attachments/28722-54d-mulching-kit-instal-w-pics-bm20827.html

Not sure how it would work with Gator blades, and there probably are cheaper ways of doing it, but I like the results!

Reactions: chester7 and RandyM

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put a mulching kit on my 54D. I like it. The kit comes with 3 blades... The kind with the hump in the center. It's an easy install.
The part number is BM20827

View attachment 217362

Before...
View attachment 217370

After...
View attachment 217402

In that pic I hadn't taken off the plastic deflector yet.

Here's a link to write up on it...... http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/implements-attachments/28722-54d-mulching-kit-instal-w-pics-bm20827.html

Not sure how it would work with Gator blades, and there probably are cheaper ways of doing it, but I like the results!

On the box it says 54C or will it work on both eh

·
Registered
747 Posts
I never noticed that.... It must fit both, because mine is a 54D.

DSCF7444.JPG

Reactions: chester7
1 - 6 of 6 Posts