Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 1023e (8 hrs). Use the tractor to move some brush piles today. Went to clean the tractor up....lowered the mower deck to blow the leaves and twigs off, but now the deck won't raise. There is also a spring hanging loose on the left side of mower. Can anyone offer any suggestions what might cause the mower not to raise and where this spring connects to?

·
Registered
935 Posts
I have a new 1023e (8 hrs). Use the tractor to move some brush piles today. Went to clean the tractor up....lowered the mower deck to blow the leaves and twigs off, but now the deck won't raise. There is also a spring hanging loose on the left side of mower. Can anyone offer any suggestions what might cause the mower not to raise and where this spring connects to?
What lift system do you have on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
375 Posts
I'm guessing it is a hydraulic lift system and the spring is the LVU26526 Extension Spring that retracts the hydraulic cylinder (allowing the arms to lower) when the cylinder is not under pressure. Without the springs, the lift arms would have a hard time dropping when they do not have the weight of the mower deck pulling them down. The spring does not affect the deck's ability to raise however; it's only to retract the cylinder to allow the arms to lower. I don't believe that there is a spring on the mechanical lift (though it is certainly possible; it just doesn't show in the parts breakdown).

I can't think of any other spring on the left side of the tractor. I think we need more information and perhaps a pic or two.

View attachment 32302

It is part 21 in the image below and connects to part 31.

View attachment 32303

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
:wgtt:

Maybe a picture of the spring, and its surrounding structures, could benefit someone wanting to help you with your issue.

Edit: Traction has more knowledge and was faster posting than me!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Spring

Maybe a picture of the spring, and its surrounding structures, could benefit someone wanting to help you with your issue.

Yup, my 1026 also had that spring hanging. I just found the proper place to connect it to.

:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
517 Posts
I had the same thing happen to my 1023 with the 54D the very 1st time I cut with it.. Couldn't get the deck to raise.. Finally discovered that the when the dealer installed the system, he had forgotten to tighten the nut that holds the arm that is part of the linkage that controls the draft arms.. I know I'm not describing this properly and I still don't know the proper name for this part.. But it is located just below and left of the seat.. Its a long metal arm that is held in place by a nut/bolt and washer.. Just thought I'd throw that out there as another place to look.. Good luck..

·
Registered
375 Posts
I had the same thing happen to my 1023 with the 54D the very 1st time I cut with it.. Couldn't get the deck to raise.. Finally discovered that the when the dealer installed the system, he had forgotten to tighten the nut that holds the arm that is part of the linkage that controls the draft arms.. I know I'm not describing this properly and I still don't know the proper name for this part.. But it is located just below and left of the seat.. Its a long metal arm that is held in place by a nut/bolt and washer.. Just thought I'd throw that out there as another place to look.. Good luck..
Here's the diagram for the mechanical lift system. I'm assuming you're talking about the Link (#22) and Adjusting Strap (#23) ?

View attachment 32319

View attachment 32320

·
Registered
517 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Spring

What lift system do you have on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not sure....think it's hydraulic....the way it acts....uses a lever on the right of the seat....dealer said pull the lever all the way to rear and then operate the lift.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

When I get back to the property where the tractor is stored, I will make some photos and upload them. Appreciate your input.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I'll check that to see if it might be my problem. Thanks for your response.

·
Administrator
20,353 Posts
Here's a few pictures of the independent lift with the floor board removed.

IMG_1511.JPG

IMG_1512.JPG

IMG_1517.JPG

IMG_1520.JPG

·
Registered
375 Posts
I'm not sure....think it's hydraulic....the way it acts....uses a lever on the right of the seat....dealer said pull the lever all the way to rear and then operate the lift.
I would be incorrect in my assumption that you have a hydraulic lift system based upon your description above. That lever is called the Rockshaft Control Lever, so you actually have a mechanical lift and not a hydraulic lift. Just to be clear, the lever is immediately to the right of the seat and only slides back and forth. Most likely you have a similiar situation that golf12 had: the bolts on the Link and Adjusting strap are loose.

You'll definitely want to reference the sticky thread: http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/sub-compact-utility-tractors-scut/3675-1026r-1023e-1-series-mower-setup-adjustment.html in order to get the strap setup correctly, specifically the step labeled "This step is for mechanical lift equipped tractors only".

I'm perplexed with the "spring" that you mentioned is hanging down, so we may need a picture of it. As you can see in DieselShadow's pictures, the spring I was referring to in an earlier post is right next to the hydraulic cylinder. I was under the assumption that the mechanical lift systems didn't have this spring.... can anyone with a mechanical lift system confirm?

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Could it possibly be the spring for the deck latch mechanism ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts