Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all-

I just bought a new 54SB snow blower for my 2018 1025r. I ordered it straight from the dealer and needed all parts to install it. As I'm working through putting everything together, I believe I'm missing a few key pieces.

My invoice states the following:
- new JD 54SB
- new JD snowblower quick hitch including all attaching parts (BLV10786 front pto, BLV10708 quick hitch, blv10793 implement drive and upstop, BLV10899 driveshaft)

What I seem to be missing is the piece that attaches the tractor to the quick hitch, as well as the mounting brackets. What's weird is that I have the carrier bearings that mount to this piece, as well as the rod that attaches the piece to the tractor. Does anyone know if this is a separate part number? or maybe I'm just missing a box that was suppose to be with one of the above part numbers?

I've attached a screenshot of a youtube video which shows the part. It's this part that the carrier bearings mount to, as well as the brackets that hold it onto the tractor.

Any help would be super appreciated.

-Rick

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,187 Posts
Do you have this bracket on the front of your tractor?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,187 Posts
I think you need this part yet. $274

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,820 Posts
Hi all-

I just bought a new 54SB snow blower for my 2018 1025r. I ordered it straight from the dealer and needed all parts to install it. As I'm working through putting everything together, I believe I'm missing a few key pieces.

My invoice states the following:
- new JD 54SB
- new JD snowblower quick hitch including all attaching parts (BLV10786 front pto, BLV10708 quick hitch, blv10793 implement drive and upstop, BLV10899 driveshaft)

What I seem to be missing is the piece that attaches the tractor to the quick hitch, as well as the mounting brackets. What's weird is that I have the carrier bearings that mount to this piece, as well as the rod that attaches the piece to the tractor. Does anyone know if this is a separate part number? or maybe I'm just missing a box that was suppose to be with one of the above part numbers?

I've attached a screenshot of a youtube video which shows the part. It's this part that the carrier bearings mount to, as well as the brackets that hold it onto the tractor.

Any help would be super appreciated.

-Rick
From the angle of the picture, it looks like the mount brackets are on the tractor, but I can't tell 100%. This piece mounts kind of strange and slides into the lower brackets and hangs on the front mount. You also need the long rod with the spring clips on each end to hold the carrier bearing part on the front of the tractor.

Another image or two of the front of the tractor, looking straight on at the front and also from the side up close, near the front wheels, will provide the angles to verify......

·
Premium Member
12,187 Posts
This is the front of my tractor, as well as a picture of two pieces I have remaining.
Not sure what those extra pieces are for but you appear to need the bracket and plates pictured above that go between the tractor and quick hitch assy.

·
Premium Member
12,187 Posts
From the angle of the picture, it looks like the mount brackets are on the tractor, but I can't tell 100%. This piece mounts kind of strange and slides into the lower brackets and hangs on the front mount. You also need the long rod with the spring clips on each end to hold the carrier bearing part on the front of the tractor.

Another image or two of the front of the tractor, looking straight on at the front and also from the side up close, near the front wheels, will provide the angles to verify......
Agree. But he said that is from a YouTube video. The picture of HIS tractor doesn't appear to have that hardware.

OP... where did that YouTube video come from? Can you post a link? I assume that is not your tractor.

·
Premium Member
8,820 Posts
This is the front of my tractor, as well as a picture of two pieces I have remaining.
You posted the pictures I was asking while I was asking......So disregard my last post.........

You are missing the lower mount brackets and the front hang on bracket Jay listed.

Did you assemble the carrier bearing into the lower mount?

Did you include the harness to over ride the RIO switch for when you back up with the blower running?

·
Premium Member
8,820 Posts
Agree. But he said that is from a YouTube video. The picture of HIS tractor doesn't appear to have that hardware.

OP... where did that YouTube video come from? Can you post a link? I assume that is not your tractor.
I thought the image was his tractor.......Now I am really confused.....

But the last pictures he posted ARE of his tractor (right?) from what I can tell and he is MISSING the lower brackets and the front hang on bracket....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. I'll contact the dealer to get that kit. I didn't install the carrier bearings into anything because I have nothing to install them into. I have the RIO wiring but haven't installed yet.

Thanks again!!

·
Premium Member
8,820 Posts
Those bracket don't look familiar......

Perhaps the one is to lock the quick hitch in place since there is no angle cylinder on the snow blower, where there would be one with the snow blade, broom, etc......

My front quick hitch is set up with the angle cylinder and I just unhook it when using the snow blower. Perhaps that is why those brackets don't look familiar to me.......also, as part of a component, they look different.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All pictures are from my tractor EXCEPT my original post which was a screen shot of a YouTube video that isn't my tractor. It was to show the piece that I am missing

·
Premium Member
12,187 Posts
Those bracket don't look familiar......

Perhaps the one is to lock the quick hitch in place since there is no angle cylinder on the snow blower, where there would be one with the snow blade, broom, etc......
They use a 3/4-inch locking pin for that purpose. It is usually retained by a short chain.

My front quick hitch is set up with the angle cylinder and I just unhook it when using the snow blower. Perhaps that is why those brackets don't look familiar to me.......also, as part of a component, they look different.
I have the same snow blower without the angling cylinder. All they do in case is include a 3/4-inch pin which goes in a hole to lock the hitch in the forward position.

It's tough to find a version of the parts illustration for the Quik-Tatch that shows the locking pin and chain. I found it once and now for the life of me I cannot find it again.

·
Premium Member
8,820 Posts
Thanks guys. I'll contact the dealer to get that kit. I didn't install the carrier bearings into anything because I have nothing to install them into. I have the RIO wiring but haven't installed yet.

Thanks again!!
The spacing on the RIO is real important. It has a "feeler gauge" type "tool" to help set it up and its a little tricky to get it right the first time.

Also, make sure to hang the front mounting brackets in the correct order with the grille protector sandwiched in the assembly. Some seemed to think the grille guard had to be removed, but that's not the case to mount the lower carrier.

If you have ever used a front quick hitch on a X4xx, x5xx, x700 or one of the predecessors, the set up for the 1025r is UNDER the front frame of the tractor, instead of hanging on it the way the other models do. SO it seems backwards, when setting it up the first time. Even after I had it on the first season, i had to look at the parts carefully to remember how the lower carrier bearing bracket slides into the side frame brackets and then SWINGS UP and is pinned through the mount with the long steel rod and the spring clips on the end.

The other quick hitches hang on the front and pin from the sides, this one does also, but the extra part for the carrier bearing is what makes this mounting system unique. You slide the pins on the end of the part into the side brackets and then swing it up and insert the long steel rod to hold it.

When you have all the pieces, it will make sense, but its different than the systems before it, despite the actual quick hitch being very, very similar.

If you have the carrier bearing and not the bracket, I think someone didn't give you all of the boxes you should have gotten......and with the two brackets you have which aren't familiar, perhaps they gave you the wrong box with those in it.......because they don't ring any bells.........

·
Premium Member
12,187 Posts
It's tough to find a version of the parts illustration for the Quik-Tatch that shows the locking pin and chain. I found it once and now for the life of me I cannot find it again.
Found it!! It is shown with the 4100 Quik-Tatch parts (go figure).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,820 Posts
Found it!! It is shown with the 4100 Quik-Tatch parts (go figure).
Good find.....You must know that JD parts system like the back of your hand......

For some reason, there have been a couple of those 4100 quick hitches for sale locally on CL. Rarely see one and all of a sudden, there are multiple for sale locally.....:dunno:

I use a hitch pin with the "T" handle for both that "locking pin" as well as the mounting pin for the end of the angle cylinder. It's easier to pull them and change them quickly and the big red handle on the hitch pin makes getting it in and out easier for when locking the quick hitch.

Seems like I had an issue with the chain getting hung up on something in the past and once the chain either broke or was removed, I just grabbed the hitch pin. Surely don't want it to be a "grade 8 bolt" as if there needs to be a failure to avoid breaking something or bending the QA Hitch, I would rather it be the cheap hitch pin......I have broken a couple of the angle cylinder mounting pins over the years, once the OEM and then the cheap hitch pins.

·
Premium Member
8,820 Posts
Here is my quick hitch with the center pin/ chain to prevent angling
Nice how they are covering the hydraulic hoses for the lift with the covering. Wonder when they started doing that? This is the first I have seen covered end to end like that from Deere...............

·
Super Moderator
2,222 Posts
The brackets are # 3 & 4 in this picture.

SmartSelect_20191006-210413_Samsung Internet.jpg
SmartSelect_20191006-210524_Samsung Internet.jpg
SmartSelect_20191006-210553_Samsung Internet.jpg

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
I don’t know what those parts are that are on the floor. Don’t think I have them on my 1026r.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts