Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

New here! Pulled the trigger on getting the 1025R three weeks ago and still waiting for delivery! (Patience is one of my last remaining virtues) Delay is the 35 Amp Alternator upgrade I ordered as recommended to handle the cab amenities is back ordered with no ETA. Any insight if this a country-wide issue? Dealer who seem like fine folks says it is.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Isn’t the standard alternator 35 amp?

There are plenty of aftermarket alternators in excess of 35 amp that will provide more efficient recharging. Prices are low some well under 100 bucks.

·
Premium Member
12,704 Posts
Isn’t the standard alternator 35 amp?

There are plenty of aftermarket alternators in excess of 35 amp that will provide more efficient recharging. Prices are low some well under 100 bucks.
According to JD Parts the standard alternator is 40 AMP (LVA12357).

Part Number:
LVA12357
Part Price: 369.64 USD
Core Value: (50.00 USD)
End Price With Core Return: 319.64 USD
On Hand:
0 Check Other Stores
Description: Alternator - ALTERNATOR-40 AMP,W/SEALED REGULATO
Package Quantity:

The Build Your Own configurator lists a 55 AMP alternator as an option.

Part Number:
LVB25015
Part Price: 313.51 USD
On Hand:
1 Check Other Stores
Description: Alternator Kit - ALTERNATOR KIT, KIT, ALTERNATOR UPG
Package Quantity:

Interesting how the higher capacity alternator is less expensive than the standard one. BTW, as you can see... my dealer shows a 55A alternator in stock.

·
Premium Member
9,112 Posts
I think you should have a talk with the parts manager at your dealer as I looked at a hand full of dealers and found two dealers I searched also show the 55 amp alternator in stock. While your dealers "new parts order" may be showing a back order, Your dealer should be able to get one of these alternators from another dealer as these 55 amp alternators appear to be out there in other dealers inventory.

If they do a "Machine Down" search on their parts system, the inventory of all dealers will show up and they can see who has the parts they need. I think there might be a small cost to obtain the parts through the Machine Down process, like additional "priority freight" type charges, but if that's what's standing between you and your tractor being delivered, someone should make it happen.

Your dealer could get everything installed and just leave the fuses out of the extra accessories so you can't operate them until you get the larger alternator. Truth be known, you could probably run the front wiper and the blower motor in the stock 40 amp alternator, it's when you add the other options and use them simultaneously you really stretch the 40 amp alternator's limits.

It's a good idea to have the extra 15 amps of alternator power because you will likely be adding rear facing LED light(s) and the cab upgrade already includes the front wiper, rear wiper, heater blower motor, cab interior light, revolving safety light, stereo and blue tooth, rear view camera and flat screen monitor

Cup holder warmer / cooler (seasonal selection), Mini Fridge, Microwave, flat screen TV, auto adjusting satellite TV and internet dish, electrical 7 way heated and cooled luxury seat, etc.....

Ok, so the options shown in italics are truly optional options.......Also, with the auto adjusting satellite TV and internet dish on the cab roof, it no longer will clear your typical 7' overhead garage door.....:laugh: probably won't clear an 8 foot overhead door either....:lol:

Seriously, here is what the heater section on the roof of the Mauser cab looks like with the roof panel removed and the electrical connections and switches are on each side, where the wiring is shown.

Electrical switches inside the cab left and right.... on the right side of my cab switches is the microphone for the blue tooth in the stereo for talking on the phone. I have since added another switch in the opening where the micro phone is located. Also, the bottom switch on the right shows the fuse door for that switch opened, it just snaps shut.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
alternator

most current part # is BLV11188 and there are none in the deere system , there are still a few dealers that have the old part #

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks...

I think you should have a talk with the parts manager at your dealer as I looked at a hand full of dealers and found two dealers I searched also show the 55 amp alternator in stock. While your dealers "new parts order" may be showing a back order, Your dealer should be able to get one of these alternators from another dealer as these 55 amp alternators appear to be out there in other dealers inventory.
Thanks for the great info and humor Sulley! and the pics....I'm feeling not so patient anymore!

·
Premium Member
12,704 Posts
Agreed. The parts status I showed above is from JD Parts, not just a random on-line stock status. I have found it to be quite accurate at showing what my local dealer has on-hand at their 5 locations.

It shows (1) on hand in Halifax and (2) on hand in Watsontown. You could sign in right now and purchase this part. If you register on JD Parts you can check stock on your local dealers as well.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
191 Posts
I wonder what is different about the new part? I don't recall hearing about any issues with the old 55amp alternators.

On a separate note those switches on the Mauser are slick. Fuse right there easy to get to. Only thing better would have been breakers. Just push to reset and your back in business assuming it was an overload and not a dead short.

Hope your part comes in quick and post pics of the new cab. I sure wish I had one for these New England winters.

·
Premium Member
12,704 Posts
I wonder what is different about the new part? I don't recall hearing about any issues with the old 55amp alternators.
JD is constantly superseding parts. It is rare for them to divulge the reason. It could simply be that the supplier changed.

Reactions: Ray_PA and BigJim55

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
In my opinion and I have over 35 years of electronic experience, you don't need the 55 amp alternator---even with the cab. The big draw items used to be the lamps and the heater blower motors. With LED lamps, that is no longer an issue and even with halogen lamps, the 40 amp alternator is plenty. The old heater blower motors drew around 12.0 amps. However, the new heater motors draw less than 5.0 amps.

Secondly, your tractor was built with the 40 amp alternator and sold with it. Many dealers who sell you the upgrade to the 55 amp charge you full price with no trade-in for your 40 amp. They put it into inventory and sell it to someone else.

Thirdly, it is easy-peezy to swap out the alternator. If you have your heart set on it, do it yourself when it arrives, save the install charge, sell your 40 amp on ebay (currently going for 79.00) or keep it for a spare.

I have cabs on both of mine and all the lamps, which are halogen, and the 40 amp works just fine. Save your money and cancel the alternator upgrade.

·
Premium Member
12,704 Posts
Reactions: JD4044M

·
Registered
968 Posts
The JD price of $370 for alternator is a joke. As others have pointed out you can get a higher output brand new one in the box at a fraction of the JD offering. Where does JD get off charging prices like that. Too much of JD parts are foriegn crap. Bearings really gripes me.

It makes me think of Craftsman tools switching to made in china and charge the big prices for them as if it was good USA quality. What a farce. Now I have no need to go to Sears.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
The JD price of $370 for alternator is a joke. As others have pointed out you can get a higher output brand new one in the box at a fraction of the JD offering. Where does JD get off charging prices like that. Too much of JD parts are foriegn crap. Bearings really gripes me.

It makes me think of Craftsman tools switching to made in china and charge the big prices for them as if it was good USA quality. What a farce. Now I have no need to go to Sears.
Amen.

Sears sold Craftsman to Stanley and thus the move to China. However, I purchased a set of Craftsman combination wenches 20+ years ago and when I received them, they were stamped with made in Japan. I still have them, they work, and are mixed in with the USA wrenches and have no more wear than the USA wrenches. None the less, I was highly annoyed at the time as I was expecting USA wrenches.

I'm wondering how the Craftsman quality will fair under Stanley management. Probably 25+ years ago, Stanley acquired Proto. Proto was one of my first choices in hand tools prior to that. Stanley pretty much ran the brand into the ground with poor quality.

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
In my opinion and I have over 35 years of electronic experience, you don't need the 55 amp alternator---even with the cab. The big draw items used to be the lamps and the heater blower motors. With LED lamps, that is no longer an issue and even with halogen lamps, the 40 amp alternator is plenty. The old heater blower motors drew around 12.0 amps. However, the new heater motors draw less than 5.0 amps.

Secondly, your tractor was built with the 40 amp alternator and sold with it. Many dealers who sell you the upgrade to the 55 amp charge you full price with no trade-in for your 40 amp. They put it into inventory and sell it to someone else.

Thirdly, it is easy-peezy to swap out the alternator. If you have your heart set on it, do it yourself when it arrives, save the install charge, sell your 40 amp on ebay (currently going for 79.00) or keep it for a spare.

I have cabs on both of mine and all the lamps, which are halogen, and the 40 amp works just fine. Save your money and cancel the alternator upgrade.
Agreed!!!!! Save your money. You will never use up the 40 amp alternator, even with a cab.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
55 amp alternators are...

apparently now back in the supply chain and available in about a week, according to my dealer.

New issue is: the spout control cable the sold me for the chute deflector is not compatible with the Mauser cab. Considering options...drill, modify, get a aftermarket linear actuator or save the money just get out and manually move it up and down. :banghead:

·
Premium Member
12,704 Posts
apparently now back in the supply chain and available in about a week, according to my dealer.

New issue is: the spout control cable the sold me for the chute deflector is not compatible with the Mauser cab. Considering options...drill, modify, get a aftermarket linear actuator or save the money just get out and manually move it up and down. :banghead:
If you have a cab forget about the silly wire cable actuated spout and get a linear actuator. It bolts right on using the existing holes.

Reactions: JD4044M and Kennyd
1 - 20 of 26 Posts