Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve got a 5520 4x4 Cab, the parking pawl was broke when I bought it (it has the power shuttle). I have a noise in the rear axle, at first it was only at high speed and a clicking sound but lately the sound is not as loud and it’s at almost any speed now.
I first thought it might have something to do with the pawl.
Any ideas, how hard is the axle to get in to?

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Welcome to GTT
It appears from viewing 5520 parts catalog that to repair park pawl one would need to split your tractor. There are 3 housings that bolt to trans case that possibly could b removed for a visual inspection.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
My guess would be that the gear where the park pawl engages probably has a broken tooth. Does the noise get louder when the 4wd is engaged? If so, then that is a sure sign of a broken tooth. You can see the park pawl and gear if you drain the oil, remove mfwd driveshaft, and then remove the 4 bolts attaching mfwd drop box. Unfortunately, the cab has to come off and tractor gets split at rear housing to replace both parts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.