Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here, I have a 5525 with a syncshuttle transmission, @ about 3500 hrs I started to get a noise in the clutch when using clutch with pto engaged. Split tractor and everything appeared to be normal wear, traction clutch release bearing was a little rough. Replaced complete clutch assy and bearings all JD parts. Run tractor about 60 hrs and noise reappeared, again pto engaged while depressing clutch, split again don't see anything wrong everything appears to be like new because it is, only 60hrs on it. Any ideas?

Thanks.

·
Registered
930 Posts
New member here, I have a 5525 with a syncshuttle transmission, @ about 3500 hrs I started to get a noise in the clutch when using clutch with pto engaged. Split tractor and everything appeared to be normal wear, traction clutch release bearing was a little rough. Replaced complete clutch assy and bearings all JD parts. Run tractor about 60 hrs and noise reappeared, again pto engaged while depressing clutch, split again don't see anything wrong everything appears to be like new because it is, only 60hrs on it. Any ideas?

Thanks.
I suspect you may have a bearing bad on the back end of the clutch shafts. Check #1 and #4 in diagram. Ran into similar issue a few months back.
5525 clutch.PNG

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I suspect you may have a bearing bad on the back end of the clutch shafts. Check #1 and #4 in diagram. Ran into similar issue a few months back. View attachment 721236
I did replace bearing #1 the first time however upon tearing it down the second time I noticed that the sleeve or retainer that slides over that bearing fits loosely on the bearing so I know I have a problem there. Didn't change # 4 seems fine but going to change it anyway because I'm there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts