Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello brothers. While repairing an A/C issue earlier I had the occasion to stand on the three point arms and remove the rear roof hatch to inspect the heating radiator. I noticed a slight leak on the rubber coolant lines around the heater regulator. Nothing serious, just enough to have a bit of sweat on the hoses, but not so much to actually drip downward. I am not sure I can rationalize replacing parts because of the small amount of the leak, but I was thinking of adding some tablets / pellets into the coolant to seal the leak. You know the classic leak sealant stuff. Is this OK to use in the 5625 or am I going to gum things up?

·
Administrator
22,246 Posts
I personally don't like using additives even though they do work in some situations. Is there any way you replace the clamps and/or shorten the lines to an area where they haven't been clamped?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I agree with dieselshadow. I don't like the sealant additives unless it is an emergency and no time to make proper repair. Then it should be considered temporary at best. Many times a leak at a hose connection just needs tightening or a new clamp.

·
Administrator
22,629 Posts
Another vote for no additives. What exactly do you think is leaking?

·
Premium Member
9,789 Posts
Ditto on no stop leak. Could it be condensation instead of a leak? You should see the sweat on my loaded rear tires!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is a sort of syrupy gel all around the areas of the clamps at the heater flow regulator. I am guessing the antifreeze dribbles out at a very slow rate, then partially evaporates and "thickens" before it can drip and form a puddle down below.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.