Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on mounting a 59'' John deere forward mount snow blower, on my 1025r. I'm told that the 1025r only fits a 47'', or 54'', but I believe that I can do some fabricating, and welding, she should work out. There is a little difference between the mount, and tractor frame, the frame being 13 1/2'' wide, (id) and the mount being only 9 1/2'' wide (od) I'm wondering if anyone here has ever performed this task, on the site, any info would be greatly appreciated, Thank you one and all, simers

·
Corndog Hater
11,774 Posts
I think the same question has been asked before, but I don't know that anybody has, or at least shared it here. Go ahead, be the trailblazer....and be sure to document it and take lots of pics. Oh, and of course post them here

·
Administrator
18,287 Posts
:wgtt:

I've never seen or heard of it being done-saw one on an older 4100 or 4110 like mine-but never a newer 1 or 2 series.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
59'' Blower to 1025r mounting....

:wgtt:

I've never seen or heard of it being done-saw one on an older 4100 or 4110 like mine-but never a newer 1 or 2 series.
Okay, guess I'll p/u some batteries for the camera, I figure two 8" pieces of 2" square tubing, with a 3/16 wall, drilled for longer bolts, should fill the gap between the frame and the blower mount. I believe it's all riding on the drive shaft being accommodating, I've got strep throat at the moment, but I'm planning on hitting the shop this morning, the walls are closing in on me...lol...

·
Super Moderator
8,134 Posts
That's an awful wide blower for a 1 series but I'm sure it can be done. Plan on needing loaded tires, rear weight (weight box) and possibly chains for traction. 59SB housing can load a lot of snow. May be a lot of work for your rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's an awful wide blower for a 1 series but I'm sure it can be done. Plan on needing loaded tires, rear weight (weight box) and possibly chains for traction. 59SB housing can load a lot of snow. May be a lot of work for your rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Not that much more weight, a few more square feet, I'm going to leave my back hoe on for the weight offset, and yes....I did get a very good deal on the 59SB, used, but slightly. Currently I've contracted strep throat, so I'm facing a slight delay in my project, but bear with me....

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
It's hard to say without seeing what you have with the 59" blower, but I'd have to think this would require some serious fabricating and problem-solving. Mounting a 54" blower requires the mid shaft kit, and the front hydraulic lift kit, it all looks very model specific to me.

I'm not saying it couldn't be done...but I'd strongly consider the level of difficulty. I'm sure there are plenty of guys here who'd provide pictures if it would help.

Reactions: TJR345 and BigJim55

·
Super Moderator
8,134 Posts
You're most likely going to have to start with a 1 Series Front Quick Hitch with tractor attaching parts as well as the 2000 RPM PTO kit. Long, mid driveshaft and then a custom implement drive / short, front driveshaft.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Not sure your Mid PTO turns in the correct rotation to be compatible.
The gear box on the 59" reverses the input to output rotation.
The smaller 54" Blower that is compatible with your tractor
is a chain drive which does not change the input to output rotation. I've had a 54" on my previous X595.
Now I have a 59" on my 3320 and the 59" is much heavier built.
Mind you the 54" had better shear bolt protection for the augers and impeller.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Okay...here's where I'm at, my blower came complete, I've positioned the mount under the front of my 1025r, I've p/u some 1 3/4 x 3/16 wall square tubing, and cut and boxed the ends. These will act as spacers between the blower mount, and my frame. I've measured the driveshaft to establish the required length, close, but no cigar.....the driveshaft has to be lengthened 7/8'ths of an inch, to clear the steering control arm. I'm removing the u joints, and couplers today, and dropping it off at a friends, where it will go to his place of employment, to be lengthened tomorrow. When I receive the shaft back, I will be completing the spacers for the mount, and frame. At this point I will be taking pictures, to let everyone see where I'm at. The s/b 59'' blower is going to mount up with minimal fabricating, and welding, I believe the difficult part will come when I begin drilling the holes in the frame, spacers, and blower mount. I do a lot of fabrication, and welding out of my shop, a trait that is most definitely saving me time, And $....I'll post the pic's, and add to my post this week, My uncle passed away, so I have a Funeral to attend, but my project should be completed sometime this week, thank you everyone, for your thoughts and posts on my build, simers....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not sure your Mid PTO turns in the correct rotation to be compatible.
The gear box on the 59" reverses the input to output rotation.
The smaller 54" Blower that is compatible with your tractor
is a chain drive which does not change the input to output rotation. I've had a 54" on my previous X595.
Now I have a 59" on my 3320 and the 59" is much heavier built.
Mind you the 54" had better shear bolt protection for the augers and impeller.
Fortunately for me the pto, shaft, and blower all rotate in the same direction, one less hurdle for me to overcome....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Okay, here's where I am, being sick and not wanting to do anything, a friend dropped in yesterday, and gave me the push I required....anyway the slip joint on the drive shaft, was seized solid, 2 hrs to free it up, and lube, working great, lengthening of shaft is not required. Blower shaft seized solid as well, another 1.5 hrs to free the shaft up. The 1.75'' square, boxed tubing, worked out perfectly. The blower is now mounted, and blower functioning very well. Today I have to release the pressure on the lift cylinder, to attach it to the tractor mount, and then run the hydraulic lines, I'm hoping they are all long enough. I'm sure I will have a few adjustments to make, but nothing serious.....I'll post some pictures later today, here's hoping everything goes smoothly, simers

·
Corndog Hater
11,774 Posts
Good Luck. I am really looking forward to seeing this.:good2:

Reactions: simers and BigJim55

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
I think the impeller on a 59 turns opposite a quick hitch blower. A 59 is a wider 47 chest freezer. A 47 chest freezer fits 420/430 and that era scuts. I actually took a 59 gearbox to fix a 47 chestfreezer as they were exactly the same gears and all. You can also throw on a 47 quickhitch blower with no issues or reverser.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
'' Another Delay '' , apparently with the weather we've been receiving, Hydraulic shops are very busy, no 3/8 to 1/4 reducers in town, or surrounding area, my hydraulic lines won't work.... Received new lines at 5:00pm, tomorrow is another day, But I did get the fluid changed out in both gear cases, completed the rest of the greasing...disappointing day...... simers

·
Registered
741 Posts
Simers, I admire your determination and skills....hope it works for you! Keep us posted and we always love photos.

I can tell you the 59" blower on my 3720 is a real beast and throws the snow a mile!

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Simers, I admire your determination and skills....hope it works for you! Keep us posted and we always love photos.

I can tell you the 59" blower on my 3720 is a real beast and throws the snow a mile!

Yeah, we need to see what you're doing. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Done...Done...Done...I don't think I would recommend a novice fab/welder to take this task on, anyway It's done. Now because of the height difference between a 4000 series, and my 1025r, I did have to rotate the bottom of the blower, back towards the tractor, and drill new mounts, this was done so that the blower sat level. Another thing my wife noticed, was the back lower corners of the shute, were left wide open. Design flaw, who knows, anyways cut a few corners off some 1/8th plate, busted out the plasma cutter, to obtain the inner circle of the shute, and welded them in. Anyways, no seam sealer on hand, so substituted with exterior silicone, to smooth out the surface. Not much room inside the shute to be welding, also no Frontier yellow paint, so penetration from the welds was spray painted...you guessed it John Deere green. Sorry...the reason for welding in the corners was snow escapes through them, jams under the plastic cable cover, for the shoot rotation. You will also notice that I added a piece of angle iron, to aid in the plastic cover from being contorted. Tomorrow is snow day, 20 cm. tonight, another 10 cm. tomorrow, and I've left over a foot of snow in my north driveway, just for this occasion. Those pics I'll post tomorrow, my son took the pics with his phone, sent them to my facebook, so bear with me, a little copy and pasting being done here....simers Okay, that won't work, I'll have to save them to my Outlook, post shortly....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Okay, let's try this.... Sorry, but I had to include a picture of my bike, 1985 gpz 900r, 5001 klms, one of this winters restoration projects, I hope thes pic's will do until tomorrows action pics, simers

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts