Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
I am pretty sure it is one of those plastic sleeves that they put on rear PTOs as well. Helps keep people from getting wrapped up in the PTO shaft. There are enough tractors out there without any plastic guard on the PTO Shaft for the blower that I would just take it off if it were me. Though that is a personal decision kind of like disabling a RIO Switch or Seat Kill Switch.

·
Premium Member
1,950 Posts
Here some i took already, if you need a different angle i can grab one in the morning.
Thanks. It looks like they've made some design changes since my unit was built a few years ago. They've redesigned the parking stand as well as added that structure around the coupling area and the hook that bolts to that same structure. Not sure if the changes are good or bad.
Sincerely

·
Registered
634 Posts
Here some i took already, if you need a different angle i can grab one in the morning.
Looks just like mine, even the pallet, only cleaner and neater. I moved the skid shoes to the outside. I know my luck and didn't want it to go through the blower before I had a chance to notice.

Reactions: wildbranch2007

·
Registered
46 Posts
Looks just like mine, even the pallet, only cleaner and neater. I moved the skid shoes to the outside. I know my luck and didn't want it to go through the blower before I had a chance to notice.
You moved the shoes to the outside to prevent sucking the shoe through the blower?

·
Registered
634 Posts
You moved the shoes to the outside to prevent sucking the shoe through the blower?
Only if the shoe came loose and I didn't know. If you blow close to a structure they recommend the shoes on the inside, the way it was shipped. I don't get that close and I know my luck after all these years. Inside or outside makes little difference to the machine itself. Just call me paranoid, with reason.

I still have to be alert for the rocks the street plow finds somewhere and leaves at the end of my driveway. Small ones are no problem but I have had a couple around 8" in diameter over the years. I had a slightly smaller one get jammed in the blower part on my previous machine. It took some effort to get things running OK again.

Reactions: wildbranch2007

·
Registered
46 Posts
Only if the shoe came loose and I didn't know. If you blow close to a structure they recommend the shoes on the inside, the way it was shipped. I don't get that close and I know my luck after all these years. Inside or outside makes little difference to the machine itself. Just call me paranoid, with reason.

I still have to be alert for the rocks the street plow finds somewhere and leaves at the end of my driveway. Small ones are no problem but I have had a couple around 8" in diameter over the years. I had a slightly smaller one get jammed in the blower part on my previous machine. It took some effort to get things running OK again.
I may move mine to the outside as well, I will not be getting close to anything with it. Good point about the rocks, I am on a gravel driveway and have some rather large rocks along the edge. I will probably walk the driveway before the snow comes and clear the big ones.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I may move mine to the outside as well, I will not be getting close to anything with it. Good point about the rocks, I am on a gravel driveway and have some rather large rocks along the edge. I will probably walk the driveway before the snow comes and clear the big ones.
I have an assorted driveway, part old concrete, part gravel, lots of weeds, part whatever else showed up. I got to the point of raising the height a tad. I got tired of collecting gravel from the yard and throwing it back onto the driveway. Plus, throwing gravel is a bit rough on the blower internal finish. Last two winters have been relatively mild. I am waiting for the other boot to stomp. Lake effect snow can be too interesting at times.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts