Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning people, I'm searching for information on replacing the cable, for my chute rotation on my 59'' forward mount blower. I couldn't find anything that was very informative, a little help would be greatly appreciated, thanks simers....

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
I am thinking we'll need to know what tractor you are running on?

Reactions: tj1

·
Premium Member
12,814 Posts
Reactions: tj1

·
Premium Member
12,814 Posts
I am thinking we'll need to know what tractor you are running on?
I believe "simers" is the guy who rigged a 59" blower to a 1025R. So there won't be any manual for that. I guess we'd have to know what tractor the blower was on originally. I reviewed several of the 59" blower manuals and they all seem similar in so far as cable replacement but it would probably still be helpful to know exactly which vintage we are dealing with.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I believe "simers" is the guy who rigged a 59" blower to a 1025R. So there won't be any manual for that. I guess we'd have to know what tractor the blower was on originally. I reviewed several of the 59" blower manuals and they all seem similar in so far as cable replacement but it would probably still be helpful to know exactly which vintage we are dealing with.
This is simers, 59'' snow blower, on a 1025r, my blower is a 2005, model #M059SBX010352 Blower was originally on aa 4000 series tractor, I haven't been able to find the correct info on replacing the chute cable, lots on the 47'' but I believe they mite be different, thanks simers

·
Premium Member
12,814 Posts
There are five different 59-inch snow blower manuals on the JD website. Have you looked at those?

59_blower_manuals.jpg

Reactions: RandyM

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Sorry, I read his post a little to quickly and I missed that it was the rotation cable, I was thinking it was the remote cable. Here is one instruction from one of the manuals.

Replacing Discharge Chute Cables 1. Start engine.
2. Turn chute 100° to the left using SCV lever. Hydraulic cylinder should be completely retracted.
3. Stop engine. Lower snowblower. Lock park brake.

M95847
4. Remove two nuts, washers, and cable shield (A).
5. Loosen two cap screws.
6. Disconnect cable from chute (B).
7. Remove nut (D), bolt and washers (C).

M31572
8. Remove cable ends (F) and (E) from pulleys. Remove cable assembly.
9. Install new cable so longer cable end (F) is to the left and shorter cable end (E) is to the right.
10. Install bolt and washers (C) in cable assembly eyelet.
11. Install and tighten nut (D).
[h=3]Routing Chute Cables[/h]

M93915
1. Move chute so tab (A) on chute is in line with edge of cap screw (B). Chute opening will be to the left.

M93914
2. Route left cable:
· Around top left pulley.
· Around top center pulley.
· Around bottom left pulley.
· Around chute.
· Under tab.
· Behind washer (clockwise).
3. Use locking pliers to pull cable tight.

M93917
4. Tighten cap screw (C).

M93916
5. Route right cable:.
· Around top right pulley.
· Around bottom center pulley.
· Around bottom right pulley.
· In front of chute.
· Under tab.
· Behind washer (clockwise).
6. Use locking pliers to pull cable tight.
7. Tighten cap screw (D).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome, thank you guys, I appreciate the assistance, been blowing snow almost non stop up here, I couldn't pull the info up, on the John Deere site, thanks again, simers....

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
This is simers, 59'' snow blower, on a 1025r, my blower is a 2005, model #M059SBX010352 Blower was originally on aa 4000 series tractor, I haven't been able to find the correct info on replacing the chute cable, lots on the 47'' but I believe they mite be different, thanks simers
Please set up your signature. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Signature, could you explain what you mean by this....simers

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts