Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone on here know when the stop sell on the 590i will be lifted. I bought one but dealer can't sell yet and doesn't know when the stop sell order will come off. thanks

·
Registered
361 Posts
Anyone on here know when the stop sell on the 590i will be lifted. I bought one but dealer can't sell yet and doesn't know when the stop sell order will come off. thanks
What’s the issue?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dust cover on throttle cable comes off and throttle stays open (this has happened twice, no injuries)

·
Registered
927 Posts
:hi: Found it! The recall is from April 11, 2017 and here are the serial numbers:

Click here to find the details. Imo this prob is a long time gone

Attachments

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
I purchased a 590M today after having conversations about the machine for 6 weeks. 6 weeks ago the salesperson let me know there was a stop sell but hoped to have the ‘repair’ completed shortly.
In finishing the deal today, the machine is ready to go and I’ll get it next week some time.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
:hi: Can't find a Product Recall at the Deere site. Do you have an official recall seen anywhere?

A Stop Sell isn’t usually synonymous with a recall, it’s just what it says it is. Notice to dealers to stop selling a thing because an issue was found, not necessarily that a cause or a fix has been determined. Typically recalls are only happen after all 3 happen, problem found, cause of the problem and the approved fix. A Stop Sell happens because the second and especially the third thing, the fix, has yet to be determined and implemented-if there was an open recall on a stop sell the dealer would just perform the warranty work and sell the machine, but they can’t and have to hold it because Deere hasn’t determined a fix yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts