Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to put in a lawn where there once was feild. So I have been looking for a cultipacker that would be a good fit for my 1026r. I was not happy with any on the market. Too expensive ($1200) or just to small and not a swiss army knife attachment. So I built my own. I found 9 inch wheels and a 1 3/4 shaft and bearings. Fabbed up the square tube so it fits right into the heavy hitch. Turn out great and I can add weights to the heavy hitch if it is not heavy enough.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,220 Posts
Damn good job!!!!!!!!!!! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have not gotten to try it out. Feild is still a pond. As with most fields in Ohio and the midwest

I dont have the link to the wheels. I found them on ebay for 11 dollars. But the kicker was free shipping. Each wheel is 8lbs and there are 24 of them.

All in I'm about 450. But I got a deal on the shaft and bearings as my MIL works for a industrial bearing/supply distributor.

·
Registered
240 Posts
That's awesome! Nice work! Definitely looks bought.

I don't know about the small units but on the larger ones I've seen the little tabs mounted just above and between the wheels to knock out any dirt build up. Did you consider adding these? Might not be necessary on the smaller ones, I dunno.

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's awesome! Nice work! Definitely looks bought.

I don't know about the small units but on the larger ones I've seen the little tabs mounted just above and between the wheels to knock out any dirt build up. Did you consider adding these? Might not be necessary on the smaller ones, I dunno.

Jeff

I did see those. I think they are a bit beyond my fab skills. Notice no close ups of the tube welds....

·
Registered
240 Posts
I did see those. I think they are a bit beyond my fab skills. Notice no close ups of the tube welds....

Fair enough! Those definitely look like a time consuming addition!

Make sure to update once you get a chance to use it!

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Looks good to me. I’d like to use it on an area I plan to plant grass seed this weekend. Would work good to level the ground a bit, break up clods and firm up the soil a bit.

·
Registered
944 Posts
great job....

hopefully you left some sideplay so they can roll independantly of each other.....it needs that to go around a corner...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts