Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would I be wasting my time buying a 6' disc implement for a JD 4020. Wheel base is 8'... I would be using disc for foodplots and garden. I also have a JD 655 compact tractor. Any ideas what kind of disc the 655 can handle? I don't want to go bigger than 6' really because it would be overkill for garden and food plots. Looking to till up 1-2acres total for food plots.

Thanks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
would I be wasting my time buying a 6' disc implement for a JD 4020. Wheel base is 8'... I would be using disc for foodplots and garden. I also have a JD 655 compact tractor. Any ideas what kind of disc the 655 can handle? I don't want to go bigger than 6' really because it would be overkill for garden and food plots. Looking to till up 1-2acres total for food plots.

Thanks.
I use a3 point 6' disk for food plots on a small 35 hp gas tractor and it works well. But any implement that is inside your wheels and designed for tillage I think will be a major diss appointment for you. You would be way better off with an old farm disk for 4020 and the 6' on the smaller tractor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts