Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've received 3 quotes so far. All three quoted 6 month lead times on a 3039r.

Two had 3039r in stock, but were not configured near enough to what I wanted or wouldn't swap from one tractor to another(300r loader instead of 320r, mid PTO, etc). Additionally, they want more for the units in stock than to order one.

Just sharing info. Also, my quotes have varied by $3,500 with the same specs. Interesting to say the least.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
234 Posts
I've received 3 quotes so far. All three quoted 6 month lead times on a 3039r.

Two had 3039r in stock, but were not configured near enough to what I wanted or wouldn't swap from one tractor to another(300r loader instead of 320r, mid PTO, etc). Additionally, they want more for the units in stock than to order one.

Just sharing info. Also, my quotes have varied by $3,500 with the same specs. Interesting to say the least.
That's why I bought mine off the lot and got them to add the options I wanted. Still had to wait a month for them to put almost everything together. It still took them 5 months to get the parts for the Power Beyond though. I had fourteen hours on the tractor before it was complete.

Reactions: OxPath

·
Registered
234 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's why I bought mine off the lot and got them to add the options I wanted. Still had to wait a month for them to put almost everything together. It still took them 5 months to get the parts for the Power Beyond though. I had fourteen hours on the tractor before it was complete.
So far, the ones that have them want more money for the machines physically on their lot than what they can order. I've sent requests for another 4-5 quotes from other dealers, so I've still got hope!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Indianapolis SUT Inventory

Driving home from Greenville, SC to SW Michigan I noted a very large inventory of CUTs and SCUTs at a large John Deere dealer on US 31 just north of Indianapolis.

TTWT, any comments?

Reactions: OxPath

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Mother Deere isn't doing herself any favours by having long wait times for new tractors, whether they're planned or not, folks start looking further afield. And all of a sudden the grass on the other side of the fence, be it orange, blue or whatever, starts to look mighty tempting. Shooting themselves in the foot with these tactics.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Driving home from Greenville, SC to SW Michigan I noted a very large inventory of CUTs and SCUTs at a large John Deere dealer on US 31 just north of Indianapolis.

TTWT, any comments?
Sloan Implement?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Wow. Demand keeps the price high I guess.
i'd be on the lookout for a nice pre-tierIV machine. Love my 39r though.

·
Registered
234 Posts
So far, the ones that have them want more money for the machines physically on their lot than what they can order. I've sent requests for another 4-5 quotes from other dealers, so I've still got hope!
I got a decent discount on mine. They were anxious to get rid of their stock on hand.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I would wait 6 months for the exact tractor If I had one to use while we waited. Otherwise, I would find a kindred model on the lot.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I would wait 6 months for the exact tractor If I had one to use while we waited. Otherwise, I would find a kindred model on the lot.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
I always like to look for the nearly impossible combination of "I want it my way and I want it now!" :lol:

·
Registered
108 Posts
What I find very strange is that on the TV I'm seeing ads for the 3 series

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
What I find very strange is that on the TV I'm seeing ads for the 3 series
Here im seeing the 1 series heavily advertised, I assume JD advertises per region what they feel the market is asking for?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I also ordered a 3039R and was told July or August. My dealer told me that they can probably find me a 3046R and have it to me much sooner so thats what they are trying to do even though they still have my 3039 on order. They are working with me on the price difference since I didn't really need the extra Hp of the 46. I was really trying to be a nice guy and buy at the same dealer I have always done business at but I'm starting to think I should have searched the different dealers to see if I could find one in stock.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I also ordered a 3039R and was told July or August. My dealer told me that they can probably find me a 3046R and have it to me much sooner so thats what they are trying to do even though they still have my 3039 on order. They are working with me on the price difference since I didn't really need the extra Hp of the 46. I was really trying to be a nice guy and buy at the same dealer I have always done business at but I'm starting to think I should have searched the different dealers to see if I could find one in stock.
Your dealer can do the search at other dealers for you. It's just a matter of whether the other dealer will release what they have that you want.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts