Green Tractor Talk banner

6 months of waiting and finally a new owner of a 3039R

6K views 40 replies 29 participants last post by  Montana Dan 
#1 ·
I ordered a 3039R with a snow cab back in February and took delivery yesterday, it's replacing a 2032R, winters around here get cold and in hindsight I should have initially bit the bullet and bought a cab model when I purchased the 2032R, live and learn I guess. Anyway here's what's all in the 3039R, 3rd function for the loader as well as 3 extra remotes for the rear , I ordered a inverted snow blower for it, should be a fall delivery for that to arrive. I also acquired a like new Frontier front snow plow blade with hydraulic angle and a set of pallet forks at a very nice price. Tires are loaded and my only concern is traction in the winter on a steep driveway, my 2 series had no issues without chains hoping that the 3 series does the same, is anyone else running chains? and if so do you have spacers installed? I was told that I would need spacers to have enough room to get chains on? any input from those running chains please let me know.

Ordered it with the 375A backhoe with 2 buckets, my 32R had a BH and I wasn't keen on buying one for this one but decided it was better to have it if I needed it. Any of you 39R owners that have any input on this machine, problems, things to watch out for feel free to respond.
Here are some pictures.

See less See more
#3 ·
Very Nice !!!!
Congrats on the new machine.
That's a sharp looking rig right there.

#4 ·
Very nice, congratulations.

#15 ·
I ordered a MK Martin Meteor 60" with hydro deflector and cute rotator.

I like those loops on top of the bucket, did it come that way?
The bucket is a heavy duty bucket believe from a 4 series, I ordered it with the heavy bucket, had one on the 32R, they come in handy and they're solid.

What exactly is a snow cab?
Snow cab comes with the yellow dome light, full lights front and rear, rear wiper, and block heater, unsure about trans heater, have to look.

#6 ·
Very nice!
I like those loops on top of the bucket, did it come that way?

39R is a great machine, you will love it. No snow to worry about down here, so I am no help on those questions.

#9 ·
#22 ·
Congratulations and Welcome.

Looks like you've got it set up real nice.

Ordered it with the 375A backhoe
At least on mine, there is very little clearance between the rear wheels and the backhoe subframe. If you are looking to add chains, you are probably going to need spacers.

If the rears aren't loaded yet, I'd add the spacers before you load them.

Any of you 39R owners that have any input on this machine, problems, things to watch out for feel free to respond.
No issue with mine with over 600 hours.

My only issue is we don't get enough snow to warrant getting a blade for it.

#24 ·
Any of you 39R owners that have any input on this machine, problems, things to watch out for feel free to respond.
Wheel spacers IMO have always been a serious must have item for cab 3Rs.

I have had them on all the cab 3Rs I have owned, and have a set ordered for the 3046R I just bought this week.

To me spacers on cab 3Rs is simply a major stability safety improvement, as well as a significant comfort improvement.
Loaded tires which you already listed as well as adding spacers are real game changers on cab 3Rs.
That is they are in my opinion anyway. I know or I think there are quite a few others that feel the same way about the cab 3Rs and needing to put spacers on them.

#25 ·
Wheel spacers IMO have always been a serious must have item for cab 3Rs.

I have had them on all the cab 3Rs I have owned, and have a set ordered for the 3046R I just bought this week.

To me spacers on cab 3Rs is simply a major stability safety improvement, as well as a significant comfort improvement.
Loaded tires which you already listed as well as adding spacers are real game changers on cab 3Rs.
That is they are in my opinion anyway. I know or I think there are quite a few others that feel the same way about the cab 3Rs and needing to put spacers on them.
What size spacers are you guys going with?

#26 ·
I ran 3”, on my last 2 3Rs , I ordered 2.75 this time only because, I did have some minor rubbing with my mid mount mowers rear gage wheel on the right side.
Pretty much that only happened if I really stressed or flexed the deck crossing or working in the ditches where the terrain was very uneven.
I though I could give up a 1/4 inch if it would keep my tire out of harms way with the mower deck. it was only rare cases when I would get the deck in bind on ditch banks, thought that 1/4” might help.

If no mid mount mower involved I would have probably pushed them out 1/4 or half inch more to say 3.25 or 3.5 .

Reactions: Pappy1600
#28 ·
I have a 3033R cab with filled rear R4 tires. Although these models LOOK like they should be “tippy”, I have found it is much more stable than it would appear. No spacers, used in the summer for bush hogging on some pretty steep Virginia hills.

Winter, I have the JD 59” snow blower and I run front chains only, for excellent steering, as the snow blower is quite light. R4’s have done fine, although we haven’t had one of those 35” snows since I’ve had this combo! I like the look of the R14’s, but not enuf to buy them!

I bought mine used(w/34 hrs) and it came with a 60”MMM. Did not like it at all. Barely would raise enuf to cut grass at 4”. And didn’t raise enuf total to be out of the way for other tractor uses! Also, made it a PIA to get in and out of the cab. Sold it!

Now have almost 600 hrs on it and love it! I wanted a 3039R, but ran across this before I was even ready to buy, and it has plenty of power for my uses.

You have a great rig there with a lot of equipment, enjoy the heck out of it!

#31 ·
I have chains for all 4 tires on my 3039R, and they work fine without any wheel spacers.

The tires are R4’s, and the back ones are filled with Rimguard. I don’t have a backhoe, though.

I only got the chains because my current driveway has a few steep sections which require extra traction. I started with just rear chains, and they provided adequate traction. But I couldn’t always turn well with the 59 blower out front, so I got front chains as well, with the idea that they would help “pull” the tractor in the right direction, but I found they didn’t help much at all. So I didn’t even put them on last winter. The only situation in which I found the front chains to be useful (for me, at least) was one time when I needed to blow out an access path downhill and then back out uphill. I would not have gotten out without the front chains.

#32 ·
Spent most of the afternoon yesterday working on my road doing some ditching and box blade work, very impressed with the performance, pulling the box blade uphill with a full load of gravel was a breeze, the 2032R could never handle that load up hill, I would need to lift the 3 point up halfway up the road to lighten the load, you could definitely hear the turbo kicking in.

Todays task was connecting the plow to make sure the 3rd function worked, and the plow was operational for winter, glad I did because noticed 2 leaks at the fittings, tried tightening them down still leaking, ordered a couple of new fittings hopefully that takes care of it, does anyone know if these have o-rings? didn't see any on parts diagram.

#34 ·
Spent most of the afternoon yesterday working on my road doing some ditching and box blade work, very impressed with the performance, pulling the box blade uphill with a full load of gravel was a breeze, the 2032R could never handle that load up hill, I would need to lift the 3 point up halfway up the road to lighten the load, you could definitely hear the turbo kicking in.

Todays task was connecting the plow to make sure the 3rd function worked, and the plow was operational for winter, glad I did because noticed 2 leaks at the fittings, tried tightening them down still leaking, ordered a couple of new fittings hopefully that takes care of it, does anyone know if these have o-rings? didn't see any on parts diagram.
Take it apart and see, looks like pipe thread, might just need taped.

#36 ·
I ordered a 3039R with a snow cab back in February and took delivery yesterday, it's replacing a 2032R, winters around here get cold and in hindsight I should have initially bit the bullet and bought a cab model when I purchased the 2032R, live and learn I guess. Anyway here's what's all in the 3039R, 3rd function for the loader as well as 3 extra remotes for the rear , I ordered a inverted snow blower for it, should be a fall delivery for that to arrive. I also acquired a like new Frontier front snow plow blade with hydraulic angle and a set of pallet forks at a very nice price. Tires are loaded and my only concern is traction in the winter on a steep driveway, my 2 series had no issues without chains hoping that the 3 series does the same, is anyone else running chains? and if so do you have spacers installed? I was told that I would need spacers to have enough room to get chains on? any input from those running chains please let me know.

Ordered it with the 375A backhoe with 2 buckets, my 32R had a BH and I wasn't keen on buying one for this one but decided it was better to have it if I needed it. Any of you 39R owners that have any input on this machine, problems, things to watch out for feel free to respond.
Here are some pictures.

I ran chains when I had r4 tires on mine but have not needed them with the r3 tires I now have. I am in nh.

#37 · (Edited)

Here are some pictures.
Speed Test

What inverted did you order for your machine?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.