Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 60” HD rotary broom for a John Deere 1025R. The broom itself came with a user manual (not an installation manual). Otherwise, there was no other documentation for it. I’ve been trying to muddle through installation all weekend, and I’m at a standstill. There are some electrical harnesses that came with it, that for the life of my I can’t think of what they would be used for (the broom and quick hitch are 100% hydraulic).

Does anyone have an installation guide or manual for the 60” HD rotary broom and front mounted hydraulic quick hitch?

TIA.

·
Super Moderator
3,733 Posts
I don't have a snowblower or broom but I know a little about the harness you mention. It's for overriding the RIO feature. This allows the tractor and the PTO to stay running when you back up. On one end of the harness is a hall effect switch and a connector on the other I believe.

The connector plugs into its mating connector, which is found on the left side of the engine, between the starter and alternator. It has a cap on it you need to pull off, then the harness will plug in. Should have a red, black and green wire. Here's a picture I found of the 2 plugged together.

The hall effect switch mounts on a bracket by the driveshaft. It looks like it mounts between the carrier bearings on the quick hitch adapter bracket. I briefly read that the gap is critical. Too far away and the computer won't be able to 'read' that the shaft is turning, too close and it will hit and get damaged. Here's a couple pictures of the hall effect switch.

Here's a couple threads that I got the photos from, that should be good reading about it.

·
Super Moderator
3,733 Posts
Just found this installation instructions for a 2000 RPM Shaft Kit for the 1025. I think it is what you need. If not 100%, it should be pretty close and provide a lot of insight.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,733 Posts
My bad... did you need help with installing the quick hitch too? That I know more about. I have one with the front snow blade. I just don't have a blower or broom.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AWESOME! That is super helpful. If you have info for the quick hitch, I’d be very grateful for that too. Thanks for all your help!

My bad... did you need help with installing the quick hitch too? That I know more about. I have one with the front snow blade. I just don't have a blower or broom.

·
Super Moderator
3,733 Posts
If you have info for the quick hitch, I’d be very grateful for that too.
When I installed mine I didn't have any instructions but I figured it out. Are there any questions you have about it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts