Green Tractor Talk banner

60” Tiller for 2320?

5K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Gebada22 
#1 ·
Back wheels are 53” overall width. 54” might make the most sense but if I found a 60” would that be too much power consumption for the tractor?

#2 ·
Most of the 60" tillers spec out 20-25 PTO HP as a minimum. If my mind isn't totally shot, your machine is just below that with like 17 or 18 HP at the PTO (Lemme know if I missed the mark on that!)

You might be able to get away with running 60" though. You'd probably run into issue if you try to drop it 8" deep into ground that hasn't been tilled before. You'd have to attack it bit by bit. Till up 2"-3" and then go back and drop down deeper on a 2nd (or 3rd!) pass. If the price is right it might be worth it.

Reactions: PJR832
#3 · (Edited)
Tractor data says 18hp pto. 24hp engine.

Looks like the Deere 655 tiller is 55” that might work well.

#4 ·
I run a 60” King Kutter on my Gen 1 2025R which is the same tractor. I also have 3 inch wheel spacers on the rear...I have no problem running the tiller to its max depth BUT it all depends on your soil conditions. For me it’s topsoil in food plots so I’m sure if you were trying to tackle virgin clay you could have very different results.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: PJR832 and JimR
#6 ·
That is some beautiful dirt you have.

#5 ·
60" County Line on mine, no issues.

Easily break sod in my local sandy soil.
Clay/loam back at the farm slowed me down a touch when prepping area for new trees, but still handled it.
Most of the time I'm not even running full RPM.
It's a hydro, just slow down a bit and it handles it fine!

Attachments

Reactions: PJR832 and EBhunts
#7 · (Edited)
Ditto the 60" CountryLine tiller for me as well. First pass is usually a little shallower, but once opened up it digs really well.
Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.