Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
DSC00074.jpg John Deere in their infinite wisdom removed the front center roller from their mower decks for what reason i don't know. ... Anyone thought of or tried a mod in that area like a skid plate vs. a roller? i cut my lawn kinda low and when i get on the crown of a say.. ditch ,this thing digs a trench down the lawn. i'm also catching it a lot on tree roots. i'm very careful around them so i don't bend anything.it's on my 1025r

·
Administrator
17,497 Posts
I believe they got rid of the roller because of the drive-over feature as the roller wouldn't hold the weight.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I believe they got rid of the roller because of the drive-over feature as the roller wouldn't hold the weight.
Isn't there a center roller on the 62" deck on a 2 series? Aren't they drive over decks as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
20,464 Posts
Isn't there a center roller on the 62" deck on a 2 series? Aren't they drive over decks as well?

Nope. No roller there either.

EDIT... There is a roller.

Old age must be setting in. :lol:

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Nope. No roller there either.
I'd swear the old 2000 series decks had center rollers. It was one of the reasons I so coveted a 2520. Maybe I'm wrong.

·
Administrator
20,464 Posts
I'd swear the old 2000 series decks had center rollers. It was one of the reasons I so coveted a 2520. Maybe I'm wrong.
The 62D has no center roller. Are you referencing the 2305 & 2210 model tractors?

EDIT.... See other posts. There is a roller.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts

·
Administrator
20,464 Posts
My 62 D on the 2025r has a center roller. View attachment 34224

Oh boy....Gizmo will have a field day with this one.

You're absolutely right. The 62D DOES have a center roller. My apologies cheesetrain. :hi: I went out to look at mine and had to do a double take.....Doh.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go eat some crow. :fed::mocking:

Don't know why I remembered that it didn't.........:unknown: Dangit. I must be getting old.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts

You're absolutely right. The 62D DOES have a center roller. My apologies cheesetrain. :hi:

Don't know why I remembered that it didn't.........:unknown: Dangit. I must be getting old.
Diesel, have a beer with that crow, it will make you feel better :)

·
Registered
768 Posts
Is there a way to add a front roller to the 60D deck? Looks like there are holes in the front bracket posted by the OP.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts

You're absolutely right. The 62D DOES have a center roller. My apologies cheesetrain. :hi: I went out to look at mine and had to do a double take.....Doh.

Ok good. I can cancel my doctors appointment that I made thinking I was going crazy. I was sniffing my glass of Coke zero thinking to myself I didn't think I put any alcohol in it.....

The bracket on the 60" deck sticks down like that because the front of the deck is actually a little higher. Maybe an inch or so. Without that bracket the deck wouldn't sit flat on the ground. Of course the brackeet wouldn't be needed if the deck was the same all the way around.

·
Administrator
20,464 Posts
Ok good. I can cancel my doctors appointment that I made thinking I was going crazy. I was sniffing my glass of Coke zero thinking to myself I didn't think I put any alcohol in it.....
Maybe I put too much in mine? :unknown::lol:

·
Registered
653 Posts
I have a 2305 and a 54" deck and it has a roller.

Doug

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The 60" deck brackets up front won;t allow a roller to be installed as the holes you see aren't far enough away from the deck housing to clear. dumb idea. i think i'll try to have a skid plate made next year . As wide as the bracket , 3/16 thick with a curl on the front edge . i see holes in the bottom of the bracket so i think i'll bolt it on with carriage bolts or some kind of round headed bolt.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,218 Posts
There is a thread on here somewhere where a guy made a bracket and put a roller on his. Don't know where it is off hand but it's here somewhere. I too want to put a roller on mine as I have the same problem and with my "yard" there is a lot of scalping going on. Thought after awhile I'd have the "yard" leveled out but no such luck. Thought about taking my BB to all my crowns and fix it that way. :nunu:

·
Registered
919 Posts
There is a thread on here somewhere where a guy made a bracket and put a roller on his. Don't know where it is off hand but it's here somewhere. I too want to put a roller on mine as I have the same problem and with my "yard" there is a lot of scalping going on. Thought after awhile I'd have the "yard" leveled out but no such luck. Thought about taking my BB to all my crowns and fix it that way. :nunu:

I believe you may be referencing KHOP's mod on his 54...

http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/metalworking-fabrication/8497-anti-scalp-roller-54d-autoconnect.html

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,629 Posts

Nope. But it is nice to see you realize/admit it. :lol:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,218 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts