Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard a rumor that JD is going to start making a 60 inch blade, does anyone know if that is true or not?

I like the 54" blade, but want the extra 6" of width. On my father's JD 445 when you angle the 54" blade all the way to one side, its width doesn't cover the rear tires. The extra 3" per side would make it perfect. I just bought a used X739 and I will need a blade for next winter, but I want it to be 60" wide.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
I added an extension on to a GT blade,,, 3/4" thick belting rubber.

It worked perfectly. Just a thought.

It is strong enough to move gravel, and worked perfectly for snow.

PLUS,,, when you bang into the car,, it will do less damage!! :laugh:

·
Premium Member
2,849 Posts
Artillian make rubber extensions that extend the width to 60". I my sel f went with the 60" blade from Compact Tractor Attachments around Green Bay Wi. I like the taller, wider blade with real skid shoes. It attaches to thr Deere quick hitches

·
Registered
178 Posts
I had a 54" blade for my X748 and thought it was too small for my tractor. Swapped with a guy who had a custom 60" blade and did a few updates/mods to it.

I definitely think that a 60" blade is the perfect size for these X700 series tractors. I just posted a video of it in action in the "What did you do on or to your John Deere GT today" thread if you are interested in seeing how a 60" performs.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

I have seen the extensions, but they are pricey, and I don't like the idea of drilling holes in a brand new blade. Plus, why should I have to pay full price for the blade, quick tach, and extensions just because JD doesn't make the blade the correct width to begin with? It just seems like a lot of unnecessary cost.

Thanks for the link, the Compact Tractor Attachment blade is now my front runner. I had seen the Arthur Randall COrporation 12 guage blade (also 60"), but it is pricey. If you go with the one that mounts on the JD front quick hitch, plus the power angle, it ends up very costly. The CTA blade is very reasonable.

Still wondering if there is any truth to the rumor I heard of a JD 60" blade coming soon (2017?)

Thanks.

·
Administrator
18,760 Posts

·
Corndog Hater
11,849 Posts
There was a video just posted by X748SE in the "What did you do with your LT/GT today" thread of him using his 60" JD blade

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Deere makes 9" extensions for their 54" blade, here they are on a X758. This gives you a 72" blade. The on-line attachments folder has the part number.

Pete

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,760 Posts
The 60" blade is for use on a loader, not a quick hitch.
I disagree Chris, did you read the text I quoted before the site was locked out?

Reactions: Drifterbike

·
Registered
4,684 Posts
Is this the 60" Front Blade being discussed? If so, the urethane cutting edge is very interesting.

r4d091819_Frontier60-InchFrontBlade-642x462.jpg

·
Super Moderator
5,370 Posts
Is this the 60" Front Blade being discussed? If so, the urethane cutting edge is very interesting.

View attachment 290402
I dunno why they didn't come out with this years ago. The idea that users would want the same blade for an x500 machine as they'd want on their 2720/2032R seems a bit far fetched. Even a 60" blade seems small for my 2032R but I like the fact they they built it to go on the loader instead of the QuickHitch. It's unfortunate that it only has manual angle though. I'd think a hydro angling kit for that AF10 would be a good add-on product for some of our site vendors. (HINT, HINT! :laugh: )

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
To me a 60" on a x series make sense when angling the blade as is a 66 or 72" blade for a 1025r.

·
Administrator
18,760 Posts
I was wrong Kenny. The only information I had seen was on the 60" loader mount plow pictured above.
One thing is for sure Chris...JD is never forthcoming with info! It's VERY easy to get all cornfuzed :eek:hmy:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,381 Posts
Deere makes 9" extensions for their 54" blade, here they are on a X758. This gives you a 72" blade. The on-line attachments folder has the part number.

Pete
Is the lift on that high enough to have the blade angled and not dig into the ground?

1 - 20 of 79 Posts