Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres is my 60" MMM deck storage situation,,,it obviously needs improvement,,
anyone fabricate a mobile rack of some sort to roll the deck out of the area when not in use?
maybe vertically or sideways??
Thanks for your help

Attachments

·
Registered
913 Posts
Tried the Deck Dolly first, but found it too heavy to lift from horizontal to vertical, even after I added extension arms for leverage. So the Deck Dolly has become scrap metal for me.

Next, I added eye bolts in the holes already drilled in the arms for the mower deck wheels. I use these to hook up chains to the FEL to lift the MMM and sit it on top of a wooden platform I built with casters. The platform and mower deck then wheels over the box blade which is on dollies and pushed into the corner of my implement storage area in the barn.

I just did a google search for Deere 60D storage that resulted in 775 hits, so there are lots of options posted out there.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,305 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
I just ordered an "axle" from the Mower Deck Axle people - a sponsor here on GTT. Was it a lot (too much, maybe?) of money for a piece of steel with a couple of wheels on it? Yup. But when I considered the cost of my time, plus the materials, it was a bargain. I know how to use a lathe and a mill, but I don't have access to either, so making one myself would have been a bit of a challenge. So, I ordered it and I'll be storing my deck on its side this winter. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
837 Posts
I just lower the 2 rear anti-scalp wheels to the lowest adjustment holes and stand it up on those and roll it up against the wall. Quick and easy.

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
60" MMM deck Staorage ideas,,How do you guys store this beast?

Currently mine is standing up on my Deck Dolly but once I get power to my garage it will be laying down flat on two furniture dollies under my trailer as usual. The gearbox can tend to leak oil if it stands vertically too long. Some users have replaced the breather valve with a bolt while stored. Mower axles are another option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
751 Posts
I'm not sure of the 60", but the 54" will stand on it's own.... Others put them on a pallet and store it on some pallet racking, there are various axle kits.... leave it outside.... lots of possibilities..

DSCF7506.JPG

DSCF8380.JPG

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,275 Posts
I'm not sure of the 60", but the 54" will stand on it's own.... Others put them on a pallet and store it on some pallet racking, there are various axle kits.... leave it outside.... lots of possibilities..

View attachment 492618
Yes the 60" will do this too. I do it all the time.

·
Corndog Hater
11,793 Posts
I have a pair of Kennyd's slings and use the FEL with the welded hooks to lift the 60"MMM. I then set it on 2 of those cheap Harbor Freight dollies and roll it under a work bench for the winter.:good2:

·
Premium Member
13,801 Posts
I put mine on a pallet and store it in one of our hay wagons in the 60' x 120' machinery shed, doesn't everyone have one of them :lol:

·
Registered
747 Posts
I take mine out to the storage shed(converted horse shelter) with the loader forks and stand it up against the back wall and tie it there with a ratchet strap. It won't stand on it own(72" deck).

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,275 Posts
I put mine on a pallet and store it in one of our hay wagons in the 60' x 120' machinery shed, doesn't everyone have one of them :lol:
Nope. I have a 50'x60' tobacco barn, 3 levels. Does that count?? :hide:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts