Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Learned something earlier this week that might help someone else. When I first got the tractor home, I noticed it cut far to low for my liking on the highest setting. The operator's manual outlines the deck adjustment procedure, so I followed it - and the mower was still far to low. So I remove the deck and slide under the tractor for a closer look. There is a linkage connection between the mid lift and the rear lift - notice the three bolts attached to the linkage:

Tractor MMM Adjustment 1.jpg

The above linkage can be easily accessed from the left rear of the tractor:

Tractor MMM Adjustment 2.jpg

Raise the lift fully. Loosen the three bolts on the linkage with a 5/8' wrench. If you have help available, have your assistant lift the Auto Connect coupler assembly to maximum height and hold it steady while you re-tighten the bolts. You might be able to do this by yourself if you disconnect the Auto Connect coupler assembly and push the mower lift link - it may stay in the full height position without the weight of the Auto Connect coupler assembly pulling it down. I don't know for sure since I had my son there to help.

Here are some more photo's that may be helpful:

Tractor MMM Adjustment 6.jpg

Above photo is the MMM Auto Connect coupler assembly in the "Install" position.

The next photo below is the "Height of Cut" adjustment as viewed from the underside of the tractor in the "Install" position. Note the position of the mower lift link in the cam:

Tractor MMM Adjustment 7.jpg

The next photo is of the "Height of Cut" adjustment as viewed from the underside of the tractor in the "Lock" position:

Tractor MMM Adjustment 8.jpg

Here's the "Height of Cut" knob. It won't turn completely to the "Lock" position for some reason. When I get time, I'll see if I can figure out why and adjust it as well:

Tractor MMM Adjustment 5.jpg

MMM adjusted to full cutting height - much better:

Tractor MMM Adjustment 4.jpg

·
Administrator
20,866 Posts
There should be clearance between the height cam and the linkage when the mower is in the fully raised position. You'll probably need to readjust your lift strap to accommodate this. The procedure is covered in the "1 series mower setup and adjustment" sticky thread located at the top of the SCUT forum. :good2:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There should be clearance between the height cam and the linkage when the mower is in the fully raised position. You'll probably need to readjust your lift strap to accommodate this. The procedure is covered in the "1 series mower setup and adjustment" sticky thread located at the top of the SCUT forum. :good2:
I'm aware of that and followed the manual to the letter. Even after that adjustment, the mower was still too low and the "Height of Cut" adjustment would not go to the lock icon on the knob. Not until I adjusted the other linkage did it even get close to the lock icon.

·
Administrator
20,866 Posts
I'm aware of that and followed the manual to the letter. Even after that adjustment, the mower was still too low and the "Height of Cut" adjustment would not go to the lock icon on the knob. Not until I adjusted the other linkage did it even get close to the lock icon.
Did you read the sticky thread? It clears up some confusion when it comes to the adjustment. More pictures too. :drinks:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you read the sticky thread? It clears up some confusion when it comes to the adjustment. More pictures too. :drinks:
I did read it. Looking at your adjustment knob, it looks like yours stops just short of the lock icon too.

I did the same thing you did - however, that linkage connecting the rear lift to the mid lift was the reason my cut was too low even though adjusted per the operators manual. That particular linkage is not mentioned in the manual.

·
Administrator
20,866 Posts
Mine would easily rotate 360*. The lift strap was/is mentioned in my manuals?

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
I used some Fluid Film on mine and it works way better now. Mine didn't want to spin before. Almost like it was binding.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK - I now see that linkage on page 5, post #50 of your thread Diesel. :good2:

I just went straight to the manual for the adjustment and when it didn't work, I went to looking elsewhere on the tractor for the cause.

Dang - thought I had actually discovered something new and wonderful to share. :flag_of_truce:

·
Administrator
20,866 Posts
OK - I now see that linkage on page 5, post #50 of your thread Diesel. :good2:

I just went straight to the manual for the adjustment and when it didn't work, I went to looking elsewhere on the tractor for the cause.

Dang - thought I had actually discovered something new and wonderful to share. :flag_of_truce:
You're good! :drinks: Don't feel bad, you were trying to help others here, I appreciate that. :hi:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm still looking for that linkage in both the MMM and the tractor manual - can't find it as yet. My mower manual is # OMLVU26521 H2 and the tractor manual is # OMLVU25849 Issue J3. Which ones do you have?

·
Administrator
20,866 Posts
I don't have them anymore. They went with the tractor when I traded it in for my current tractor, a 2720. I use the online owners manual from JD and the earliest version of the tech manual.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts