Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm close to getting FILB, I'm just looking at my deck options now. Does anybody know if it's possible to get the mulch control kit for either the 54" or 60" 7-Iron decks?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have the mulch kit on my 54" deck with my 1025r. Part # BM20827

I don't believe the 54" inch deck on the 1025r is considered a 7-iron deck though....not sure if that matters.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the mulch kit on my 54" deck with my 1025r. Part # BM20827
Does that have a lever that you can throw that lets you turn mulching on or off? Not an electric thing, just a manual lever on the deck?

·
Registered
12,537 Posts
Does that have a lever that you can throw that lets you turn mulching on or off? Not an electric thing, just a manual lever on the deck?
No, it is not the mulch on demand system that the ZTR's have, it is a kit that you bolt under the decks. I've had a 54d with a mulch kit and now have a 60d with the mulch kit.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I think BM26300 is the mulch control kit for the 54" HC deck. I saw somewhere in the forum that with the kit, the left side blade is always mulching even though the lever is opened to discharge. That turned me off to the control kit as I don't want to do any mulching in fall when I have the vac system attached.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
739 Posts
The mulch kit of the 54" deck as used on the 1025r is pictured here....

Part number....

mc1.JPG

Parts included, all hardware, mulching blades, and 2 large blow molded plastic pieces...

mc2.JPG

Installed....

mc4.JPG

Easy to install and remove. I swapped out the carriage bolts for regular bolts and use the included wing nuts... easy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts