Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
No, but it seems a nice trailer. I would want something with some sides on it so I could load it with wood if I wanted to though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I spent a lot of time the last couple weeks comparing Big Tex and PJ trailers. I ended up driving farther for a PJ 18' C5. It was the exact same price as a Big Tex, but seemed to be built a little heavier ( C-channel vs angle iron). And I liked the aluminum fenders on the PJ, since that's the first thing to rust.
I think a Big Tex would be just fine Fine for your needs - I haven't heard anything bad about them.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just a note on size; I was initially looking for a 16' but thought I'd go up to 18' for a little extra room. My 1025r with loader and Frontier rotary cutter fits like a glove without any extra room - glad I went with the larger size.

·
Registered
568 Posts
big tex makes some great trailers for the money..
i have their 45ss which im sure means 45' long and its a super sport :greentractorride:

·
Registered
568 Posts
45SS Economy Tandem Axle Pipe Top Utility | Big Tex Trailers this is what i have its wide enough to fit my model D on 16' deck 77" wide deck i think. i have the rear gate. its a good idea with the loading gate to throw a piece of ply wood on it when loading something heavy. i do and my gate looks new.
my D weights right at 5k and it handles it great and paid 1800$ otd for it new price was 2200$ msrp and got a tool box and few small things for 1800$ 2 yrs old and zero rust on it. i did put a water proofer on the deck.
which ever model you choose cant go wrong with a big tex :greentractorride:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts