Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have a 2025r with a 60d deck and have been struggling to find a part that I damaged when I was installing the deck last night. Every parts diagram I can find or the dealers can find(attempting to figure out over the phone) don't match what I have.

The deck and tractor we're purchased last year and I believe they are a 2018 model.

I attached a picture of what my deck looks like from JDs site, it may not be exactly the same deck as I can't find a picture of what I have that's labeled 60d.

Basically the part holds the front linkage down so it does not spring all the way up. If must have been bent some when I when to install last night and it caused the front linkage to hit the front of the tractor and get pushed up before I realized what was going on. It bent the heck out of the bolt and bracket. I attempted to straighten them but that was not happening. There is also a bushing/spacer that goes over the bolt I didn't have with me when I took the picture.

Thanks for any help finding a part number

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
Can't help as yours is different then my 1025r takes. But want to say nice under carriage. That sucker is spotless.:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
13,642 Posts
It should be LVU34589 for $28.60 but double check that with your dealer.

This is the bracket that many have bent by taking the MMM off with the FEL attached. Just trying to help you figure out how it bent so you won't have a repeat. The FEL park stand hits on the MMM front draft arm and causes this bracket to bend.

Reactions: kylew

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can't help as yours is different then my 1025r takes. But want to say nice under carriage. That sucker is spotless.
I would love to be able to claim the undercarriage but it's a picture from JDs site. It's the only example of the deck I have that I could find.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It should be LVU34589 for $28.60 but double check that with your dealer.

This is the bracket that many have bent by taking the MMM off with the FEL attached. Just trying to help you figure out how it bent so you won't have a repeat. The FEL park stand hits on the MMM front draft arm and causes this bracket to bend.
Thank you I will give that number to my dealer to see if they can verify.

I apologise but I don't completely understand the short hand. What exactly is the FEL and MMM. I believe the front drift bracket? Hit too high when I went to install and got pushed completely vertical bending that bolt and part pictured. I could be completely wrong as I haven't really examined the way the auto connect works.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Thank you I will give that number to my dealer to see if they can verify.

I apologise but I don't completely understand the short hand. What exactly is the FEL and MMM. I believe the front drift bracket? Hit too high when I went to install and got pushed completely vertical bending that bolt and part pictured. I could be completely wrong as I haven't really examined the way the auto connect works.
FEL front end loader. MMM mid mount mower

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FEL front end loader. MMM mid mount mower
Ah that makes since. That's more then likely what happened. Is it a good idea to have the FEL off when installing the MMM or is there a hight the FEL should be at when I install the MMM. I'm guessing I rubbed it a few times bending it then I caught enough to completely force the front bar vertical.

Thanks again

·
Premium Member
13,642 Posts
Ah that makes since. That's more then likely what happened. Is it a good idea to have the FEL off when installing the MMM or is there a hight the FEL should be at when I install the MMM. I'm guessing I rubbed it a few times bending it then I caught enough to completely force the front bar vertical.

Thanks again
Unfortunately do to space restraints (that's my guess) on many of the new 2025's it's when you are backing off, removing the deck, that the park stand contacts the front draft arm and bends it back damaging the bracket and stop bolt. When you get the new bracket I would suggest putting it on and then with the tractor over the deck but a couple of inches short of seating the arm in the tractor brackets make your adjustments with that bolt then to insure you have the draft arm set at the right height.

Reactions: kylew and Jeff B

·
Registered
773 Posts

Thanks again
If you a reading the board via a pc, you can hover your cursor over abbreviations and a pop up will show you the meaning. Keywords will have tiny underlines to indicate it's an abbreviation the board knows.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello all! Newbie here both to the forum and JD tractors. I appreciate this post is 10 months old but it was quite helpful as I have the exact same issue. Couldn't find the parts in any JD IPC nor could the parts manager at my local JD dealer. After he consulted with a mechanic, who just happened to be working on the exact same problem on a machine in the shop, he was able to identify the parts required for a fix. Sorry, I don't have the part numbers but when they arrive I will post them. On to my question and comment... did anyone ever identify what caused this to happen? The stand on the FEL was mentioned but I can't see how it would catch the draft arm on the deck. Also, as an observation, in my very limited exposure to the JD tractor world I now have come across 3 incidents of the exact same issue. Would there be some kind of SB (service bulletin) from JD alerting customers and or dealers? Just curious and again, great forum and site. Thanks

·
Registered
652 Posts
Mine got bent up also and it seems to be the park stand that does it. The arms are spring loaded and it pops up on removal and then gets hooked and bent back. Mt dealer also had trouble finding the parts and spent a lot of time finding the numbers. I just make sure my FEL is off when putting the deck off and on. There are a couple of other threads talking about this same problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine got bent up also and it seems to be the park stand that does it. The arms are spring loaded and it pops up on removal and then gets hooked and bent back. Mt dealer also had trouble finding the parts and spent a lot of time finding the numbers. I just make sure my FEL is off when putting the deck off and on. There are a couple of other threads talking about this same problem.
Hello,

First time posting but i came across this thread while looking for the nut dimensions for the auto connect 60D forward lift link. It appears that on some of the decks this issue can be negated by adding washers, see item #4 below. I hope this helps someone.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I bent mine on Tuesday 6/29/20. I was removing the MMM for the first time myself. The dealer did demo how to do it, but it was the first time for me. My tractor is a 2019 production 2025R that I bought new in March 2020. I was having my neighbor (mechanic) help me intall my Bro-Tek 2 inch spacers. I thought removing the MMM would give us more room to work. I epoxied the garage floors (airplane hanger) when I built the garage in 2010 and they are slick. I thought it would be easier to detach and reattach the MMM with a horse pad underneath the MMM. That made the tractor wheels sit on the concrete but the MMM sat on the horse pad. I followed the directions and when backing off there was a big clank. After backing out of the garage I went to see what it was and the item you are talking about was bent in three places (beyond repair in my eyes). I was thinking that maybe I screwed up by not allowing the MMM to fall to the level of the concrete and therefore it was too high. I guess I will need to replace the whole thing , so would be interested in where this can be obtained. BTW ..the Bro -Tek 2 in spacers went on without a hitch. I dont mow with this tractor but I hate to leave something broken that can be repaired.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Your loader stand hit it and bent it. You pretty much have to take the end loader off to take the deck off.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts