Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Just wondering what others hear. Watching a video yesterday of someone mowing with a 2025 and 60d deck and it sounds like a regular mower with even sound of the deck and grass shooting out. Since I first turned mine on, it sounds clunky and loud. Not sure if the camera just wasn't picking up the same sounds I hear on mine or what. I put the mulch kit on and its even worse. What do others hear?

Video I was watching:
Mowing with John Deere 2025r - YouTube

Thanks!

·
Registered
381 Posts
I've got a 2025 with a 60" deck and the mulch kit and it sounds pretty much like the sound in the video. Are you mowing at or near full throttle? I know the Kubota I owned before the JD at certain RPM's the belt would flop around but at full throttle it was normal.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
That sounds about like mine with 1025R and 60D. However in rough terrain there is some noise from the carriage.

·
Registered
12,283 Posts
That sounds about like mine with 1025R and 60D. However in rough terrain there is some noise from the carriage.
Same here on my 2025R.

The first few minutes is mowing.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got a 2025 with a 60" deck and the mulch kit and it sounds pretty much like the sound in the video. Are you mowing at or near full throttle? I know the Kubota I owned before the JD at certain RPM's the belt would flop around but at full throttle it was normal.
I set the RPM's at the PTO setting logo. Think that is 3200rpm. What about when you are lower RPMs after engaging?

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
my 2032r with the 62d deck sounds like the video :good2:

·
Registered
644 Posts
Sounds like the PTO drive line to the deck is making the noise, also you might just want to check the u-joints, couplers. I noticed you deck bouncing alot, check the deck manual on whether the deck is suppose to be riding on the wheel versus a true hanging deck (which most deck are, except those with very large wheels (like LAMs).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts