Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm having problems trying connect and disconnect the deck on this '20 2025 (mechanical lift), it seems to be binding at the pto connection, the pto angle looks off, it appears to angle upward on the tractor side. Is there an adjustment for this? I've done a lot of searching online and read the manual but can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I can't even get the deck connected.

·
Registered
736 Posts
On the 2032R auto connect shaft, there is a pin that holds the PTO shaft out of the way when it is not in use, it goes through the bracket that holds the PTO coupler and bearing, is there a similar pin for the 2025R and is it still installed? If so, it will not allow the coupler to drop into the correct orientation to hookup to the deck.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think so, I didn't see anything like that. I just realized I've been reading the mower deck manual, I'll try looking it up in the tractor manual again.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Do you have the PTO selected to rear so it is free spinning?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Tim Marks ( TTWT ) posted a video w/a JD tech explaining how to set it up on a 1025r. May be similar? My 2025r is a little finicky as well. I tried removing my deck in the lawn one day, same place I used to drop the deck on my 1023e, and bent the front lift bracket on my deck. My JD tech told me that on the larger tractors I needed to be on a very level surface to remove/install the deck because the tolerance on the 2 series tractors was much closer than on the 1 series. Hope you get it figured out friend!

Reactions: Tractor Tim

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, I appreciate it. I've watched his video but my deck has a different setup. I don't have that adjustment bolt under the pto coupler.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
It looks to me as though the male spline collar has come loose from the gearbox shaft and is stuck inside the tractor pot connector.
On the gearbox shaft there should be a woodruff key that engages the spline collar and the collar is held on this shaft with two small metric set screws.
I have had these set screws come loose and protrude outside the collar and interfere with clean coupling.
Make sure you still have the woodruff key, reinstall the collar and use low strength loctite on the set screws to prevent this from recurring in the future.

Reactions: etcallhome

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It looks to me as though the male spline collar has come loose from the gearbox shaft and is stuck inside the tractor pot connector.
On the gearbox shaft there should be a woodruff key that engages the spline collar and the collar is held on this shaft with two small metric set screws.
I have had these set screws come loose and protrude outside the collar and interfere with clean coupling.
Make sure you still have the woodruff key, reinstall the collar and use low strength loctite on the set screws to prevent this from recurring in the future.
Interesting. This is how it came. Here are a couple of more pics.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Jeff B is right, you can see the deck side collar inside your PTO coupler. You're lucky it's still there, I recall another member had his come loose, but he didn't notice and it fell out at some point, I think it was fairly expensive to replace for what it is.

·
Premium Member
14,880 Posts
Good eye if you look real close you can see the cone connector inside the tractor pot connector.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I see that now. That's the way it was the first time I took the deck off, I remember looking at the shaft on the gearbox and wondering why it wasn't splined on the outside. It looks like it has a keyway on one side if I remember right. I believe I have hooked the mower up at least twice and used it like this, I hope it didn't hurt anything.
I'm kinda ticked, I just bought this thing, it was delivered 2 weeks ago and besides this the deck was not adjusted correctly, it was 1/2" lower on one side, the cutting height dial won't go higher than 4, and the front arm limiter bolt was loose.
I miss my z945m I traded in, I had it all dialed in.

·
Registered
736 Posts
My deck took 3 attempts for the dealer to setup correctly. I can see 2 holes for set screws in your picture, but no set screws. I bet loctite was omitted when those were put in.

·
Premium Member
14,880 Posts
IMO Sounds like your dealer has a P_ _ _ Poor service department.

Reactions: The Satch

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The service manager said they will pick up the tractor today and have it back to me in the morning and apologized for not having it adjusted right. They are off to a good start in my book.

·
Premium Member
14,880 Posts
The service manager said they will pick up the tractor today and have it back to me in the morning and apologized for not having it adjusted right. They are off to a good start in my book.
For not doing their job correctly the first time,, MAYBE,,
They should be able to repair and correct the problem they created in your driveway..

But yes off to a good start ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,IMO NOT

Reactions: Jeff B

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well they picked up the tractor that afternoon, fixed it and dropped it off the next morning. It mows nice, stripes nice, was easy to disconnect, and when I reconnected the deck this afternoon to mow it clicked right into place easy as could be. 😊 Now I know why the autoconnect is so nice 😁👍

1 - 20 of 27 Posts